so Marvin Harrison up for HOF vote in 2014 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

so Marvin Harrison up for HOF vote in 2014

PEYTON FRICKING MANNING

When Peyton Fricking Manning brought the Colts back from that 21-3 deficit in the 2006 AFC Championship, he did something no other quarterback has ever done in a game of that magnitude. It's the greatest clutch performance in a playoff game in the Super Bowl era. Montana, Brady and Staubach have nothing that rivals what Manning did that night. And Manning did it against the best franchise of the last 12 years and maybe the top defensive coach of all time. The rap on Manning is that he beat up on bad teams while playing in the comfort of a Dome, but he won the Super Bowl MVP outside in a hard rain against a splendid defense. There isn't anything you ask a QB to do that Manning hasn't done.

Finally, Manning is one of the few players who regularly makes good coaches panic. No one has prompted as many fourth down gambles and onside kicks. He frightened the very good Bear linebackers so badly in Super Bowl 41 that they weren't even in the same area code as the line of scrimmage. If you ever why the Colts silly running backs ran so well in that game, it was because there only were four guys in the box all day long. Everyone else was dropping back in fear of Manning.

Finally, Montana's coach was Bill Walsh. Staubach's coach was Tom Landy. Brady's coach is BB. Manning's coach was himself. I think we just agree to disagree on this one. I certainly respect the consensus about Harrison. This was just a different point of view.

When Peyton Fricking Manning brought the Colts back from that 21-3 deficit in the 2006 AFC Championship, he did something no other quarterback has ever done in a game of that magnitude. It's the greatest clutch performance in a playoff game in the Super Bowl era. Montana, Brady and Staubach have nothing that rivals what Manning did that night. And Manning did it against the best franchise of the last 12 years and maybe the top defensive coach of all time. The rap on Manning is that he beat up on bad teams while playing in the comfort of a Dome, but he won the Super Bowl MVP outside in a hard rain against a splendid defense. There isn't anything you ask a QB to do that Manning hasn't done.

Finally, Manning is one of the few players who regularly makes good coaches panic. No one has prompted as many fourth down gambles and onside kicks. He frightened the very good Bear linebackers so badly in Super Bowl 41 that they weren't even in the same area code as the line of scrimmage. If you ever why the Colts silly running backs ran so well in that game, it was because there only were four guys in the box all day long. Everyone else was dropping back in fear of Manning.

Finally, Montana's coach was Bill Walsh. Staubach's coach was Tom Landy. Brady's coach is BB. Manning's coach was himself. I think we just agree to disagree on this one. I certainly respect the consensus about Harrison. This was just a different point of view.

Honestly, that is such a well positioned argument. I have no response.

He'll get in sooner or later.

The bigger, more pressing question is when does he write a check for the new practice facility? :bang:

He'll get in sooner or later.

The bigger, more pressing question is when does he write a check for the new practice facility? :bang:
he never will. bet he sill has his 1st penny.

but im pretty sure he could shake down a bunch of philly businessmen into doing it for him.

hes not 50/50 to get in though, hes as close to a lock as there is. sub-par playoffs et all.

Harrison is a LOCK Hall of Fame player. Not even up for debate.

Reed and Brown can't carry his jock (although Carter should be in already.)

he never will. bet he sill has his 1st penny.

but im pretty sure he could shake down a bunch of philly businessmen into doing it for him.

hes not 50/50 to get in though, hes as close to a lock as there is. sub-par playoffs et all.
I thought he spent his first penny on a gas station in South Philly???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom