So much love coming from recruits in 23 class. Havent heard a bad experience, Quite the contrary, kids seem | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So much love coming from recruits in 23 class. Havent heard a bad experience, Quite the contrary, kids seem

Judah Mintz will likely have a far greater impact on his team next season than any FB newcomer. That said, there appears to be a new energy and vibe coming from the FB program, which is exciting. This is indicative of the boost that changing staff can add. Our 4 bball coaches Polaroid cameras in a Tik Tok world.
I would say Judah Mintz COULD have a far greater impact on his team next season.

If you would have asked me last year about Benny Williams, I would have said the same thing.

The football program has an All-American at the second most visible position on the college football field. That's better than any talent the MBB program has on its roster.

Ah, it’s not just hope for the sake of hoping.

There have been many, massive, tangible improvements this whole off-season.

Seemingly every major issue (with perhaps the 1 minor one - DT, still pending) has been addressed, and in about the best way imaginable.
Yeah if we had pulled Mesidor or Goode I'd say we batted 1.000.

The unofficial start of summer…… us Cuse fans thinking about what could be for the upcoming season and beyond

Then fall hits……

The unofficial start of summer…… us Cuse fans thinking about what could be for the upcoming season and beyond

Then fall hits……
But for the first time since Eric was a Senior, the hope is realistic. The new coaches are a proven commodity, they've been successful elsewhere.
Also we have experienced talent on both sides of the ball.

Ah, it’s not just hope for the sake of hoping.

There have been many, massive, tangible improvements this whole off-season.

Seemingly every major issue (with perhaps the 1 minor one - DT, still pending) has been addressed, and in about the best way imaginable.
Coaches matter especially when they have some roots in our key recruiting areas. Anyone who has ever played a sport at the HS level or higher knows if the coaches are good or not. I had a HS coach who was so clueless that when I was a sophomore and starting, we had a point guard who basically called the shots. Coach was a good guy but was completely clueless. College was a completely different animal. Played for a guy who is in the Hall and was without a doubt a fantastic coach on all levels. JB good.
I'm a huge SU guy. I root for the school and support the school. I feel as if anyone who is fortunate to coach at SU better bring it every day and be completely dedicated to the success of the program. In Dinos case I'm not sure he was in this for the long haul. Some of his hires have been God awful. Texas family members, an OC who wore cowboy boot in the snow and on and on and on. Now finally because he was hammered by JW and blessed by VA, he has a staff that makes geographic sense and has the chops to compete in the ACC. Let's hope that Dino lets them do their jobs and focuses on the 30k level of running the program. If he can delegate to these guys, we have a chance to be a solid program in a few years. If not I hope that JW elevates one of the OCs ( White) and keeps the momentum.

I would say Judah Mintz COULD have a far greater impact on his team next season.

If you would have asked me last year about Benny Williams, I would have said the same thing.

The football program has an All-American at the second most visible position on the college football field. That's better than any talent the MBB program has on its roster.
Not as an incoming freshman, which was the context.

In Dinos case I'm not sure he was in this for the long haul. an OC who wore cowboy boot in the snow and on and on and on.
You know I love ya, but the bolded part is still false no matter how often you reference it. And now we have "wearing cowboy boots in the snow" as a sign of being a poor OC? You are one of a kind kc.

Not as an incoming freshman, which was the context.
You were the one creating the context. I simply stated FB has had the better offseason -- and I stand by that. Between coaching changes, transfers, and overall vibe, it's leaps and bounds better.

Also, you stated "newcomer" in your post. That doesn't clearly indicate freshman to me.

Coaches matter especially when they have some roots in our key recruiting areas. Anyone who has ever played a sport at the HS level or higher knows if the coaches are good or not. I had a HS coach who was so clueless that when I was a sophomore and starting, we had a point guard who basically called the shots. Coach was a good guy but was completely clueless. College was a completely different animal. Played for a guy who is in the Hall and was without a doubt a fantastic coach on all levels. JB good.
I'm a huge SU guy. I root for the school and support the school. I feel as if anyone who is fortunate to coach at SU better bring it every day and be completely dedicated to the success of the program. In Dinos case I'm not sure he was in this for the long haul. Some of his hires have been God awful. Texas family members, an OC who wore cowboy boot in the snow and on and on and on. Now finally because he was hammered by JW and blessed by VA, he has a staff that makes geographic sense and has the chops to compete in the ACC. Let's hope that Dino lets them do their jobs and focuses on the 30k level of running the program. If he can delegate to these guys, we have a chance to be a solid program in a few years. If not I hope that JW elevates one of the OCs ( White) and keeps the momentum.

What JW did was open the checkbook to afford better coaches.

You know I love ya, but the bolded part is still false no matter how often you reference it. And now we have "wearing cowboy boots in the snow" as a sign of being a poor OC? You are one of a kind kc.
Gilbert didnt have a snowballs chance in Texas.

I’ve asked before if football is in a better position than basketball right now at SU. People scoffed. I don’t think they’re scoffing anymore. They were both around and below .500 last year and I’d say football has had the better off-season - by far.
Basketball is in far better position when you look at facilities and commitment.

Issue has been execution. Aka recruiting. Period.

Basketball is in far better position when you look at facilities and commitment.

Issue has been execution. Aka recruiting. Period.
Interconnected issue, but coaching style factors in.

When we can't upgrade the talent via recruiting because we have a 100% earned reputation for locking dudes into big minutes, that's a problem.

1 losing season in 46 years vs. 1 winning season in 6 years.

I want to believe but evidence points to basketball being more likely to turn around quicker than football. Hope these hires work and Dino finally gets this thing going. Hard to change a losing culture.

What JW did was open the checkbook to afford better coaches.
100% buddy. "You get what you pay for " still holds up this expression, of course more to it with coaches, AD's etc making the decisions but ive always said imo with all the money that is generated , this is a business at this point much more than a game. We have finally caught on & adapted to how things r done today & $$$ is intertwinned into everything in the Power 5 especially.
Goin back to my original point
I definately think these high profile, experienced, & doing the nessesitites to get these guys here has definately related to the successfull visits pretty much across the board & the high profile recruits that have visited and scheduled ones is promising on a level that for me since ive been following recriuting here before! Of course the facilities and new ones to come are a factor as well.
I know the endgame, goal is to get the best committed. The reassurance & gratification is great. Coming full circle so too speak on the field...???? I CANT WAIT!

Last edited:
SU has been getting great reviews after visits. We stil have to recruit
at a higher level. I heard a recruiting expert last week say SU can’t win with just three star kids. We have to get higher rated players.

Great post, just hope Dino has finally realized he needs to let the coaches he has hired, call the plays. These coaches have the experience of getting things done right.
Dino needs to step back and let them run the show and help if needed.
Dino can now step back a bit and be the face of the program. He can excel at that.

SU has been getting great reviews after visits. We stil have to recruit
at a higher level. I heard a recruiting expert last week say SU can’t win with just three star kids. We have to get higher rated players.

It doesn't take a "recruiting expert" to figure that out. Talent will typically prevail. And in football where you have 11 guys on the field, you need more than a guy or 2 on each side of the ball to give you a chance. I think we have enough talent to get beyond .500.