So no posts about USF now 10-4? | Syracusefan.com

So no posts about USF now 10-4?

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
They do have a brutal schedule left and lost every tough OOC game they had. Beat Pitt in the Pete Sunday which has something we have not done in a while (2005?).

Another dogfight? I mean, they are 10-4. Is the Big East really that down or are they actually pretty good? Don't think they can score with us but a rockfight game would bring up all the same points and hand-wringing, teeth-gnashing, and remote-throwing.

I am really going to regret typing this, but Georgetown beat them by 30 so maybe the "platinum" will help?

Really wonder what Vegas sets this one at. 690?

Cuse will be huge favorites on Wed (I would guess at least 16). USF is not a good basketball team. You mentioned the loss to Georgetown by 30, but also Kansas beat them by 28, VCU beat them by 23, Marquette by 20, etc. Also, among their 10 loses was also a loss to lowly Penn State, and the best I could come up with in terms of a "good win" was a win over Seton Hall (and that was at home).

Nycfan is exactly right. Might be a tad lower but I expect nothing less than -14.5/15. He's also right that their best win was the Hall at home by one point

They do have a brutal schedule left and lost every tough OOC game they had. Beat Pitt in the Pete Sunday which has something we have not done in a while (2005?).

Another dogfight? I mean, they are 10-4. Is the Big East really that down or are they actually pretty good? Don't think they can score with us but a rockfight game would bring up all the same points and hand-wringing, teeth-gnashing, and remote-throwing.

I am really going to regret typing this, but Georgetown beat them by 30 so maybe the "platinum" will help?

Really wonder what Vegas sets this one at. 690?
Must be the first team in BE history to go 7-6 in OOC play and then roll up a 10-4 record in conference play.

That is bizarre. Testimony to a great schedule draw with their double games and a heavily backloaded schedule. They have only lost one game at home (to UConn) and still have two home very winnable home games left). They have a good chance to go 12-6 in conference play.

USF remaining schedule...

• 2/22/2012
    • Syracuse
    • USF
    • Syracuse, N.Y.
    • 7:00 PM

• 2/26/2012
    • USF
    • Cincinnati
    • Tampa, Fla.
    • 12:00 PM

• 2/29/2012
    • Louisville
    • USF
    • Louisville, Ky.
    • 7:00 PM

• 3/3/2012
  • USF
  • West Virginia
  • Tampa, Fla.
  • 12:00 PM

They have pretty good size in a year that is down for big men in the BE. It's clear they are the 8th or 9th best team in the league though.

I won't go as far as to say I "have a bad feeling" about the game, but another aspect to consider is that Lunardi has them as one of the first 4 out right now - which means they'll essentially be playing for their tournament lives. could be a tougher game than many seem to be expecting.

Someone else posted that their 10 wins have come against the 6 worse BE teams. Talk about an easy schedule. I can easily see them losing their last four. We will handle them easily.

We won't beat anybody by assuming a vicotry, expecially not the way we've been playing of late. Pitt is havving a bad year but USF hs rolled them twice. You've got to be impressed with that.

Let's hit some jump shots this time. :noidea:

Watching USF, their inside game impressed me - they go right after it inside and our interior defense hasn't been stellar the past few games. The few games I've seen they looked good rebounding the ball and of course we know our issues.

That one guard Collins I think has the strangest shot I've seen in a long time in college basketball. He shoots from the chest - even his freethrows are push chest shots. An announcer said he broke his arm when young and has trouble extending his arm - I can't believe he gets any shots off that way but he does. He's quick though. Like many Big East teams, they are inconsistent - so who knows what team shows up against SU. I wouldn't sleep on them - I wouldn't sleep on any team.

That one guard Collins I think has the strangest shot I've seen in a long time in college basketball. He shoots from the chest - even his freethrows are push chest shots. An announcer said he broke his arm when young and has trouble extending his arm - I can't believe he gets any shots off that way but he does.

That's just what I was thinking last night - how in the world could that guy get his shot off in a Division I game?

Hope that comes up in the scouting reports - get up on that guy, because even Brandon Reese could block his jump-shot. With his forearm.

That's just what I was thinking last night - how in the world could that guy get his shot off in a Division I game?

Hope that comes up in the scouting reports - get up on that guy, because even Brandon Reese could block his jump-shot. With his forearm.
I think they also said after he made a 3 last night that it was his 4th made 3 of the season.

I think they also said after he made a 3 last night that it was his 4th made 3 of the season.

We're no stranger to that sort of guy having a great shooting night.

Speaking of USF (but unrelated to their shooting capaibilities), what ever became of that rumored SU promotion to pack the Dome on Wednesday and retake the attendance crown from Kentucky? I haven't heard a thing about it (other than on this board), and we're getting pretty close to the day of the game.

According to Ticketmaster, they've sold about 2,000 tickets in the past 14 days. There are still ~1,500 available (which is right around what they usually sell in the two days before a popular game). If there's a good student turnout, that'd get us almost 25,000. We only need 57,000 over the last two games in order to top Kentucky's average.

Hope SU's moving quickly on that promotion, and I hope Wednesday gets the big-game turnout from the non-diehard portion of the student body.

I just looked at the Bulls' record and wow, it is BAD if you just look at losses to Penn State(12-16), ODU (18-11) and Auburn (14-12). Losses to VCU (23-6)and So. Miss (22-5) don't look as bad.

They have been held to under 50 points on 7 different occasions this year. Ouch.

On the other hand they have held their last 4 opponents to under 51 points/game. Nova, Providence and Pitt (twice) are the victims there.

I can't tell what is going to come of this game. Seems like USF may be trending a bit, could be some tough defense in store for us. I can only believe that would be good for our team at this stage.

They are 4-3 on the road in conference. Road wins are Nova, Providence, Depaul and Pitt. 10+ point Losses at ND, Marquette and Georgetown. I think if this game were played in Tampa, they might have a shot at making it a game. In the Dome, not so much. Hopefully the kids will show up with a lets get all of the cylinders firing again attitude and not a play with the mouse before we kill it kind of approach.

Cuse will be huge favorites on Wed (I would guess at least 16). USF is not a good basketball team. You mentioned the loss to Georgetown by 30, but also Kansas beat them by 28, VCU beat them by 23, Marquette by 20, etc. Also, among their 10 loses was also a loss to lowly Penn State, and the best I could come up with in terms of a "good win" was a win over Seton Hall (and that was at home).

USF is an INCONSISTENT team that has talent/athleticism.

We could blow them out by 30 or this could be a closer affair... depends on which team shows up...