So not only do we play Mizz on the road we have to play Temple to? | Syracusefan.com

So not only do we play Mizz on the road we have to play Temple to?

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Why isnt Gross petitioning to make the Temple game a home game for us based on the circumstances? If he knew we were going to have to schedule Temple on the road why the hell would he agree to at Mizz knowing were going to get pounded and this team desperately needs a bowl game this year. Another clusterf#ck by the AD's office.

I am sure the BE feels they have no obligation to assist Syracuse in their scheduling, even if TGD went to Marinatto and said, "Pretty please????".

I am sure the BE feels they have no obligation to assist Syracuse in their scheduling, even if TGD went to Marinatto and said, "Pretty please????".

Ok if thats the case then make Mizz a home game at least at home we have some sort of a shot, again what could is it going to do to get pounded in Columbia in the middle of November. This is a make or break it year for Marrone and the schedule is set up like were freeking LSU or Alabama. Where is the game versus NIU or North Texas or hell even Toledo again, no one schedules 4 BCS OOC, this is insanity.

Take it like a man TGD is doing it and I'm sure Coach M will too. Nothing wrong w/ earning the f*ing bowl game.

Ill be there at the dome regardless, unfortunately you may want to tell the other locals to "take it like a man" because many season tickets are not going to be renewed over this.

IF we somehow get Temple at home then I'll feel SU dos all they could.

Sent from my DROIDX

IF we somehow get Temple at home then I'll feel SU dos all they could.

Sent from my DROIDX

We wont, Frazier is on record in the article today saying it will be a road game they have allready conceded it.

The big east is going to try to help Temple a lot more than they would Syracuse, we're going to be punched and we have to Carmen Basilio it and take those punches.

Here is what I do if I am Gross I look for any Big East team that has 7 home games and one of which is going to be Temple and I say in exchange for you guys playing 6 home games and @Temple instead of 7 we Syracuse will play a 1 and done at your stadium after we leave for the ACC and will play 1 basketball game at your arena as well. I just hope Dr. Gross is thinking outside the box like this.

Agree. They should be doing everything they can to make Temple a home game for SU.

Do you guys think Gross was telling the Big East we'll play Temple anywhere you want? I'm sure he lobbied as hard as he could for the Dome, what is the Big East going to say? Oh sure, SU, let us do that favor for you.

And as far as scheduling Mizzou at home, we should tell a school that overvalues their worth because of their geography AND was just accepted into the most powerful conference in college football, that because of how our schedule is working out we're going to need you to come to the Dome. Can't think of a good reason why Gross didn't think of that.

2012 is a mess, we knew it would be once we made the move to secure our future. Sucks for everyone, especially the season ticket holders. Maybe many of them bolt, really wasn't much we could do. Adding another FCS was worst case, so I'm thrilled we didn't do that. There's a great argument for adding a low level 1A for a Dome game (someone, anyone), but what if someone, anyone, wouldn't come to the Dome, or at least not without some guaranteed payment that made no sense.

Hopefully those that walk away this year will come back in 2013 when the next phase of SU football begins.

I said all along the USC game was the only NYC game (so far) that didn't make much sense to me, and that one is blowing up in Gross' face, so that should satisfy some. Not only did it cost us a 6th Dome game, but with Barkley returning, it is probably going to be a very ugly game on the field.

Bottom line, we probably start the season 1-2. Need to go 5-4 the rest of the way against teams in our peer group. If SU is improving, that should not be an unrealistic goal.

Do you guys think Gross was telling the Big East we'll play Temple anywhere you want? I'm sure he lobbied as hard as he could for the Dome, what is the Big East going to say? Oh sure, SU, let us do that favor for you.

And as far as scheduling Mizzou at home, we should tell a school that overvalues their worth because of their geography AND was just accepted into the most powerful conference in college football, that because of how our schedule is working out we're going to need you to come to the Dome. Can't think of a good reason why Gross didn't think of that.

2012 is a mess, we knew it would be once we made the move to secure our future. Sucks for everyone, especially the season ticket holders. Maybe many of them bolt, really wasn't much we could do. Adding another FCS was worst case, so I'm thrilled we didn't do that. There's a great argument for adding a low level 1A for a Dome game (someone, anyone), but what if someone, anyone, wouldn't come to the Dome, or at least not without some guaranteed payment that made no sense.

Hopefully those that walk away this year will come back in 2013 when the next phase of SU football begins.

I said all along the USC game was the only NYC game (so far) that didn't make much sense to me, and that one is blowing up in Gross' face, so that should satisfy some. Not only did it cost us a 6th Dome game, but with Barkley returning, it is probably going to be a very ugly game on the field.
Do you think Gross did what I suggested and went to teams with 7 home games in the Big East and asked them to play at Temple this year and SU will play a 1 and done at your place after we leave the Big East? The reason I ask is because I highly doubt Gross did this and he could dangle a home game with our basketball team with it. I doubt he did I bet he took this game with Mizzou for the cash and basically screwed the schedule up by not locking up a replacement for TCU earlier when we only had 10 games scheduled for before WVU left and it was down to 9. We always knew the 11th game was going to be a 1-AA, but by not getting a TCU replacement earlier he f'ed up the schedule royally. I can live with Mizzou for WVU even though I hate its a 1 and done, but Gross has screwed this up and its on him.

-I am thrilled we weren't stuck with a 2nd 1AA
-I do not think that this schedule is very hard by any means
-I think it is silly people are considering giving up their tix

But I wonder when TGD started to try and fill the schedule. There was a very slim chance we ended up in the ACC for 2012. And even if we did make it to the ACC in 2012, there was a very slim chance that the ACC played 9 games since all teams had their schedule set already. More likely 2012 woulda been 8 games and 2013 the start of 9. So if there was a very very slim chance of SU having 9 conference games in 2012, then why not fill the hole from TCU as early as possible? Why wait until March 1st when TCU left in early October? Why not offer a non BCS team a 2 for 1 (at SU, home, at SU to protect a return trip) in November to fill it? Even if there is very very slim chance that we played 9 BE or ACC games in 2012, then wait to find a 1AA until March 1st instead of scheduling a 1AA in early February. Leave that for last.

If TGD tried the above then there was nothing he could do and he should get no blame. But if he waited until the WV announcement to try and fill the UNRELATED TCU hole, then I think he did a poor job.

But I wonder when TGD started to try and fill the schedule. There was a very slim chance we ended up in the ACC for 2012. And even if we did make it to the ACC in 2012, there was a very slim chance that the ACC played 9 games since all teams had their schedule set already. More likely 2012 woulda been 8 games and 2013 the start of 9. So if there was a very very slim chance of SU having 9 conference games in 2012, then why not fill the hole from TCU as early as possible? Why wait until March 1st when TCU left in early October? Why not offer a non BCS team a 2 for 1 (at SU, home, at SU to protect a return trip) in November to fill it? Even if there is very very slim chance that we played 9 BE or ACC games in 2012, then wait to find a 1AA until March 1st instead of scheduling a 1AA in early February. Leave that for last.

If TGD tried the above then there was nothing he could do and he should get no blame. But if he waited until the WV announcement to try and fill the UNRELATED TCU hole, then I think he did a poor job.

Can't really disagree I guess, I wonder how Gross would respond to the TCU question. But we don't know the conversations he's having, for all we know the ACC was in constant communication with him that they are going 9 games and would like to start in 2012 if we can all figure out a way to get out early. If there was even a small possibility, he can't schedule anyone because we already had 3 non conf games.

And since you and I and Bees are on the same page with the dual FCS games, I assume most people are as well. Two FCS teams on the schedule is the absolute WORST case scenario, Marrone knows this as well. The 2nd FCS game is useless, it cannot be part of our 6 win minimum for a bowl. So if there's a 1% chance we win at Mizzou, it's better than the 0% chance that the 2nd FCS game will help our bowl chances.

not very hard?
the only big east team we beat is gone-
we have nothing on offense and nothing was done to help it
and its far from silly people not renewing tickets-

So if there's a 1% chance we win at Mizzou, it's better than the 0% chance that the 2nd FCS game will help our bowl chances.

Hey, I said the EXACT same thing about the Okie rumored game. Except @Missouri I would put higher than 1%. I'd say maybe 20%.

Hey, I said the EXACT same thing about the Okie rumored game. Except @Missouri I would put higher than 1%. I'd say maybe 20%.

I remember, and sort of plagiarized (with a named reference), but for the record, I was thinking the same thing.

I remember, and sort of plagiarized (with a named reference), but for the record, I was thinking the same thing.

Just busting chops.

Do you think Gross did what I suggested and went to teams with 7 home games in the Big East and asked them to play at Temple this year and SU will play a 1 and done at your place after we leave the Big East? The reason I ask is because I highly doubt Gross did this and he could dangle a home game with our basketball team with it. I doubt he did I bet he took this game with Mizzou for the cash and basically screwed the schedule up by not locking up a replacement for TCU earlier when we only had 10 games scheduled for before WVU left and it was down to 9. We always knew the 11th game was going to be a 1-AA, but by not getting a TCU replacement earlier he f'ed up the schedule royally. I can live with Mizzou for WVU even though I hate its a 1 and done, but Gross has screwed this up and its on him.

There's scads more money in a football game than hoops.

I want to know the story behind Tulane...did we really voluntarily bail on the Home game? The Tulane fans think the payment was Tulane coming up in early season in basketball. Add this to the list.

Agree with this 100% you nailed it.

SU had no leverage. In case some of you don't realize it, it's March! Most schedules are done. You think we can just go out and demand a home game and someone will actually schedule it? We're lucky to get Missouri away. The BE has screwed us and the only good that may come out of this is SU can demonstrate damages resulting from BE mismanagement and use that as leverage to leave before their contractual exit date.

not very hard?
the only big east team we beat is gone-
we have nothing on offense and nothing was done to help it
and its far from silly people not renewing tickets-

If you think this schedule is hard, you may want to close your eyes when you see our future schedules with 9 ACC games and at least 1 BCS team OOC for the foreseeable future. Its BCS laden, but its not overly difficult. There is one game where we have no chance. Other than that, if we are a good team, we will go to a bowl. What else do you want?

I want to know the story behind Tulane...did we really voluntarily bail on the Home game?
Painful isn't it.

There must've been some other things in play that fell through. They may've agreed to that deal before TCU bolted.

I want to know the story behind Tulane...did we really voluntarily bail on the Home game? The Tulane fans think the payment was Tulane coming up in early season in basketball. Add this to the list.

The game is still listed as TBA on Tulane's schedule. Perhaps the game was pushed to a later date at their request.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom