So, now how is everyone feeling about Marrone? | Syracusefan.com

So, now how is everyone feeling about Marrone?

CuseACC

Walk On
Still want to wish him best of luck in Buffalo? Still ok with him taking Hackett? Now how do you feel about him? According to Gross, Hackett had a great offer on the table and was ready to sign, and in the 11th hour Marrone rang him and snagged him, preventing the signing. Wow.

Say what you want Hackett had a choice as well.
True, but Marrone knew the repercussions from taking Hackett with him. This was obviously one of them. There were many other OC's out there for Marrone, I am sure. This is getting bad.

Same way I felt when he announced he was leaving. Bullshit artist who was hurting the program with his timing.

Still want to wish him best of luck in Buffalo? Still ok with him taking Hackett? Now how do you feel about him? According to Gross, Hackett had a great offer on the table and was ready to sign, and in the 11th hour Marrone rang him and snagged him, preventing the signing. Wow.

Couldn't have Marrone at least waited until Zach stepped foot on campus then poached Hackett?

I am not happy with it, in fact you can say I am pretty fcuking pissed off, but in all honesty, you do what you got have to.

Can you start one more thread in which you call Hackett a quitter? K thanks.

Thankful he came because it was his hard work and leadership that turned the program around. We will be fine just need to make the right hires. Maybe ergo heavier JUCOS next 2 years a to make up, but we will be very strong on D, need a QB, maybe Charlie maybe Wilson... The program will be fine and hopefully Doug does in Buffalo what he started here

By not leaving until the program was more stable with a clear succession plan. But that would mean putting the program ahead of his own needs. I thought that's who he was and his bullshit is what lead me to believe that. I know better now and am over it.

How was he supposed to control the timing?

I thought when DM left that there were some positives. We would have one of our guys in the NFL and this could be a beneficial relationship. I also thought that if he didn't make it as an NFL HC, he might have the opportunity to come back smarter and more popular than ever.

Unfortunately, I think when he took Hackett he really exploded that bridge. He ripped the team apart by doing this and will never be welcomed back because of this.

Really stupid of him too as he could have gotten better than Hackett anyway. It seems he needlessly severed the program he built at his alma mater.

To me, this stupidity just makes me glad he's gone and gone for good. Him taking Hackett in that situation proves to me that the only reason we had a successful season was because he let Hackett and Shafer have complete control. DM was nothing more than a beneficiary of hiring the right people.

I think this needs to be double posted on the regular FB side too, just so we can involve everyone in this tantalizing discussion. Good lord.

Yeah, that's ethical.
As ethical as telling gross and shafer that he wasnt going to hire him and than changing his mind

I think this needs to be double posted on the regular FB side too, just so we can involve everyone in this tantalizing discussion. Good lord.

Does it really matter how we feel. Losing Zach is huge, no way around it. For all the pokes that were made on Rutgers last year, with shorter time to react for LOI day, we are not doing so well with this quick change now are we? Shafer and the AD need to pull some magic here. Otherwise this isn't worth talking about.

I have no idea what your post has to do with mine, in the context that mine was made.

I thought when DM left that there were some positives. We would have one of our guys in the NFL and this could be a beneficial relationship. I also thought that if he didn't make it as an NFL HC, he might have the opportunity to come back smarter and more popular than ever.

Unfortunately, I think when he took Hackett he really exploded that bridge. He ripped the team apart by doing this and will never be welcomed back because of this.

Really stupid of him too as he could have gotten better than Hackett anyway. It seems he needlessly severed the program he built at his alma mater

I think these sentiments encapsulate the problem completely Marrone knew how important hackett was to the program moving forward for recruiting and maintaing the offensive potency and he simply turned his head to that fact and burned SU. Taking a once in a lifetime (possibly) job, forgiveable i was already starting to get over it yanking out one of the two keystones to your alma mater's future success not nearly as forgivable. The question is was he planning to poach whichever coordinator didn't get the HC job all along or both if gross went outside. Just gives me a pit in the stomach from a fellow alum and former major marrone supporter.

No one is forcing you to read or respond. Good lord.

I feel very happy for Marrone and Hackett.

I am proud that SU is able to produce NFL-quality players and coaches.

And I look forward to the future where Marrone and Hackett, as a result of their respected positions, can network with other coaches at all levels and give hearty recommendations to prospective recruits to attend SU.

DM can work wherever he wants. He can hire whomever he wants.
To the extent I think about him at all going forward, I certainly don't "feel happy for him" or "wish him success" at Buffalo. I have too many other folks I actually care about to waste time on that.

Doug Marrone isn't welcome in my home.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2