So refreshing to not have a TE at QB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So refreshing to not have a TE at QB

The players were put in a very tough position, they didn't belong at this level. There's a reason a very low percentage or our transfered leveled down or just stopped playing, we didn't have very good players.

The criticism of their play is understandable, the delivery may be awful but we've had extremely poor talent for many years, nice guys who try or not, they weren't good. We can go back and forth and argue if they were or not but the trash record and embarrassing losses year after year show they weren't. I'm just ready to move forward and absolutely enjoy a real quarterback for the first time in a long time. I'm not being a jerk, it's just true.
I think this is fair. I’d argue a bit harsh as I don’t think it’s a blanket ‘we had bad players’ so much as we had trouble putting together a complete roster and really, really struggled to build any semblance of depth. There were some very solid players in there, but not enough.

I’d also think it’s worth the caveat that all we’ve done so far is beat Ohio. It’s encouraging, we’re all rooting for Fran, and it’s been fun to see some commits and feel like we’re making strides from a talent standpoint. But it’s still a pretty substantial mountain to climb to get to a genuine level of relevance in this era of college football.

It’s cute that Kaiser and others seem to think this is our birthright but it’s been a loooonnnnngggg time and the odds are stacked against this program. Fran’s off to a very encouraging start, however, and that’s great.

Loved what I saw out there on O, but I also would have liked to see some trick plays w Villari.

That kid can run, catch, and throw (a little bit).

Maybe, Fran is saving those for later.

Loved what I saw out there on O, but I also would have liked to see some trick plays w Villari.

That kid can run, catch, and throw (a little bit).

Maybe, Fran is saving those for later.
We don't need to run trick plays because we have a competent offense with an actual QB

Simple minded fools.

We are playing D1 football at a P 4/5 level.

All that is so cute and awesome for the families of those Tight End QBs who have phenomenal memories…

It did nothing for the improvement of the program I love.

Go faluck yourselves and man up.

Embarrassing….
LOL Your post here is so you. I envy you that you don't realize what a joke it makes of you.

LOL Your post here is so you. I envy you that you don't realize what a joke it makes of you.
Oh dash, you turned this into a bash session.

I was merely stating facts.

Facts that people know, but have to tag and put asterisks next to for some reason in a weak attempt to justify the inner knowledge I am right, but to soften the blow.

I never questioned the previous QBs heart or will to win, just the fact that the last one had terrible downfield accuracy.

Unless he had pictures of Dino to make him play him, the fact that he was starting for us is on the previous coach and staff. That’s a shame.

It’s also a shame you don’t get that.

I’m sorry the hildebeast lost, no need for you to keep being mad at me for that.

And the redsux still suck.

Missed you.

Facts that people know, but have to tag and put asterisks next to for some reason in a weak attempt to justify the inner knowledge I am right, but to soften the blow.

I never questioned the previous QBs heart or will to win, just the fact that the last one had terrible downfield accuracy.

Unless he had pictures of Dino to make him play him, the fact that he was starting for us is on the previous coach and staff. That’s a shame.

I’m sorry the hildebeast lost, no need for you to keep being mad at me for that.

Missed you.
Why do you so this to yourself?

Shrader was pretty good, guy did throw two game winners and sorta got jobbed agains Clemson. Of course he got wrecked with his style of play though.

Loved what we saw outta McCord, but we got him because Ryan Day is a miserable jerk. Really hard to repeat getting a guy like that verses the duel threat types.
Its not only getting a guy like that its getting a guy like that who Ohio State developed for us. Sat behind Stroud and then played a full season last year in a tougher conference.

Really hope we can petition to the NCAA to get a second year from him.

Pena looks to have taken a jump to be a key guy and OG of course is the best or second best TE in the country but dang is it amazingly nice to have Meeks and Haynes with them instead of relying on guys like Hatcher and Gill to be in your top 3/4 receiving group.

Villari and Mang threw some big blocks yesterday when they were on the field as well.

Missed you.
If Dino had a backup like Tommy behind Dungey Shrader never plays most of those games.

In fact Tommy Devito and his dad deserve a fair share of the blame for Shrader's chronic injuries as he quit on us like a coward midseason even though Dino let him start the Rutgers game and he would have played again. I forget when he left the team but I think it was after Shrader's performance vs FSU he decided it was time for him and daddy to shop for his next team. If he doesn't play all those games hurt in 2021 he's likely not as injury prone 2022 and 2023 his freaking throwing arm basically fell off 2/3 years and he couldn't walk the other one. But still played. It was maddening to watch. I really hope we thump GT this weekend since we almost took them down one of those games with no QB last year at their place.

We got former 4 star QBs that were unwanted by major programs to play behind Shrader only problem was they were completely unplayable and awful. Not Garretts fault and its why a guy like Beck is barely hanging onto a D1 job at New Mexico.

We don't need gadget quarterback. Just look at the past 10 years Pitt and SU. We might win some battles with gadget plays, but Pitt has constantly good seasons with quarterback just throwing balls as normal quarterback does.

Why do you so this to yourself?
I’m not the one advocating for failed SEC QBs, moved to TE by their superior coaches, to trade down and come here to keep their QB dreams alive while torturing us with a 1950s offense that’s better suited to their talents, you are. I was merely marvelling at the current QBs talent using the most recent reference point.

Anyway, I don’t have the time to help drive traffic and clicks to the board today. Unlike the rest of the shut-ins here, I plan to get outside and enjoy the day. Let’s schedule this for tomorrow evening. I’ll pencil you in, might still want to erase you. Pun intended.

You can respect players and what they did for this school while also acknowledging the players we have now are a substantial upgrade. Eric and GS were gamers for us and literally gave every single thing they had to try to get the win every weekend they were on the field. With that being said, there were multiple throws yesterday that Kyle made look effortlessly easy that Eric and GS wouldn’t have had even a chance at making.

You can respect players and what they did for this school while also acknowledging the players we have now are a substantial upgrade. Eric and GS were gamers for us and literally gave every single thing they had to try to get the win every weekend they were on the field. With that being said, there were multiple throws yesterday that Kyle made look effortlessly easy that Eric and GS wouldn’t have had even a chance at making.
That is exactly the point. Sadly, very sadly, kaiser has never been able to do that. Or much of anything else for that matter.

Simple minded fools.

We are playing D1 football at a P 4/5 level.

All that is so cute and awesome for the families of those Tight End QBs who have phenomenal memories…

It did nothing for the improvement of the program I love.

Go faluck yourselves and man up.

Embarrassing….
I feel like I'm in 1990's Marching Band Rank Levels for being able to perform or being on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom