So Rick Pitino was on my flight from LaGuardia to Raliegh | Syracusefan.com

So Rick Pitino was on my flight from LaGuardia to Raliegh

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
gotta spend a day at Duke Univ Hospital and I see Louisville plays at Duke on the 8th. Not sure why he would be flying commercial, maybe wanted to get into town before the team charter. Also he wasn't in first class but I'm 99% positive it was him, he was book wormed into some in-depth analysis, got on the plane last and left the plane last.

Pic is terrible but how do I sneak a snapshot inside the plane without him knowing??

slickrick.JPG

I'm not great with faces and it isn't a good picture, but that doesn't even remotely look like Pitino to me.
I checked him out from the gate to boarding the plane, if he's not Pitino he's a damn good doppleganger

The resemblance is less than striking, besides why would Pitino arrive five days early for a game?
Typically, teams fly in the evening before a game and then head home immediately.

Were there any other obvious signs it could be him? Was he dribbling a ball up and down the aisle? Did the guy make a play for the flight attendant, or try and call a timeout at any point during the flight? Just trying to help figure this thing out.
Pitino.jpg

gotta spend a day at Duke Univ Hospital and I see Louisville plays at Duke on the 8th. Not sure why he would be flying commercial, maybe wanted to get into town before the team charter. Also he wasn't in first class but I'm 99% positive it was him, he was book wormed into some in-depth analysis, got on the plane last and left the plane last.

Pic is terrible but how do I sneak a snapshot inside the plane without him knowing??

View attachment 55201

He's got to get their early to arrange the hookers. What?

View attachment 55201

Yeah I don't think there's any chance that's Pitino. The guy on the right seems engrossed in his Skymall catalog. "Hmm... should I buy this 3x5 astroturf thingy that my dog can poop on indoors for $299.99, or shouldn't I?"

View attachment 55201
That photo doesn't appear to be Rick Pitino to me, probably just a bad picture. But what's with the dude sitting right behind you?

slickrick.JPG

If that was indeed him, not only why is he flying to Raleigh early, but what's he doing at LGA? They have a home game Saturday at noon.

View attachment 55201

I sat next to JB in coach from SYR-ATL. I snapped a pic of JB sleeping with book open, but that aint going public.

Im not sure that is Pitino though...

I sat right next to Vanilla Ice on a flight from Miami to Philly once. I texted a buddy as it was happening who said he would give me $100 if I changed my ring tone to Ice Ice Baby and let him call me.

I chickened out.

Last edited:
I sat right next to Vanilla Ice on a flight from Miami to Philly once. I texted a buddy as it was hapening who said he would give me $100 if I changed my ring tone to Ice Ice Baby and let him call me.

I chickened out.
So let me guess. Is the ring tone the old PBR jingle? "What'll you have? Pabst Blue Ribbon.--------"

I had JB on my flight from SYR to JFK back in May 2003. Sitting in coach. The whole plane clapped for him when he boarded, since it was 1 month after the big win. Lots of folks saying "thank you Coach" and "congratulations, you deserved it" as he walked down the aisle to his seat. He was definitely very appreciative. A really cool moment to be a part of.

I saw Rick Pitino up close about a year ago at a youth tournament and was struck by how much he had aged, with a good bit of gray in his hair and his complexion poor. It just seems to me that the guy in the photo looks more healthy than I think Pitino looks these days.