So satisfying to win on their floor and send those dumb fans home unhappy | Syracusefan.com

So satisfying to win on their floor and send those dumb fans home unhappy

Also nice to see Ewing look shell shocked coaching against a master, and having no answers late.

Next.

Great win!!!

I'm still a little concerned thinking we need more offense to come from more than 3 players. FH was terrific today getting the ball to Moyer. Dolezej has to find some kind way to contribute on offense.

I was all ready to make a post about the defense being good, like the rebounding, etc., but we just don't have enough shooting. it's probably still right but it was nice to see a team make shots when it mattered.

We beat UConn and Georgetown. Beat Pitt twice and it’s a successful year. We may be down, but our traditional rivals are all garbage.

3 decent ( in name) non conference wins paired with wins over RPI neutral foes vs tons of 200 plus sweets. Add in the only loss being to a ranked opponent and as long as we don't stub our toe before ACC play and we have a very good shot to make the big dance ( at minimum)

3 decent ( in name) non conference wins paired with wins over RPI neutral foes vs tons of 200 plus sweets. Add in the only loss being to a ranked opponent and as long as we don't stub our toe before ACC play and we have a very good shot to make the big dance ( at minimum)
buffalo isn't crap and st. Bonaventure is pretty good. wouldn't be the biggest shock ever to drop one

We will be favored by 10 or 11 over Buffalo. We should beat them easily. The Bonnie’s are good, but that’s another game we should win as well at home.

Right. This Gtown win was really good for the team. They were just as capable of doing this vs Kansas but couldn't get over the hump. This game does wonders for further pushing the belief for this group even if Sidibe needs to still get healthy.

I posted this somewhere else but their fans looked like the witnessed a murder.

Saw a student bus pull up, the kids got out and literally didn't know where to go. Saw it over and over - their fans literally didn't know the sections to their own building.

I posted this somewhere else but their fans looked like the witnessed a murder.

Saw a student bus pull up, the kids got out and literally didn't know where to go. Saw it over and over - their fans literally didn't know the sections to their own building.

I’ve been to many an SU-Georgetown game since the mid 90s. Today was probably the worst showing they’ve had since the lowest of the Esherick era. Maybe the worst ever. Syracuse took over the building, and it was glorious.

I’ve been to many an SU-Georgetown game since the mid 90s. Today was probably the worst showing they’ve had since the lowest of the Esherick era. Maybe the worst ever. Syracuse took over the building, and it was glorious.

Hey now.. as far as the NCAA committee needs to know it was a rabid bunch of hoyas and a great road win...

This was 2003 - 2004 era stuff. They should be ashamed of themselves. My section was mostly Orange and it was 113. Upstairs looked like a Clemson game.

I hate how the Verizon/Capital One Center darkens the upper deck which was entirely Syracuse fans. It blurs out on TV just how much of a presence we had there.

Also nice to see Ewing look shell shocked coaching against a master, and having no answers late.

Next.

I think Ewing did a nice job and will do well there. Leaving their guy in with 4 was bad but he definitely made nice adjustments that allowed them to really dominate most of the second half on offense.

Next.
Agreed.
When they went up double digits I started thinking that maybe Ewing was out-coaching the HOF'er.
5 minutes later I'm thinking...
upload_2017-12-16_20-29-46.jpeg

I think Ewing did a nice job and will do well there. Leaving their guy in with 4 was bad but he definitely made nice adjustments that allowed them to really dominate most of the second half on offense.
He did a good job switching defenses but once some game pressure occurred he learned a lesson at the hands of our Hall of Famer. He needed to get an extra ball handler in to bring the ball up and manage the press and failed. He needed to sit his big guy after he picked up his 4th and hesitated and once his guy could it it changed the game. He also blew through his timeouts way too quickly. Learning experience at the hands of Jimmy

trust the process

We beat UConn and Georgetown. Beat Pitt twice and it’s a successful year. We may be down, but our traditional rivals are all garbage.

Never talk down our opponents. We are only ever as good as our competition. This is why JB always says just nice things about a team we've just beat beside he has lots of class.

Have to think Ewing will help their recruiting, especially with big guys. If you're a big and have NBA aspirations who wouldn't want to be coached by an NBA Hall of Fame center?

From watching on TV, I had no idea there was much cuse presence there. It didn't really come across to me that we had that much of the building.

From watching on TV, I had no idea there was much cuse presence there. It didn't really come across to me that we had that much of the building.

I seriously felt like they were tuning out the crowd volume, especially during the end. Like it would flicker in and out, sometimes you'd hear the crowd cheer after one of our baskets, then it was like someone hit the off button and it was silent again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom