So satisfying to win on their floor and send those dumb fans home unhappy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So satisfying to win on their floor and send those dumb fans home unhappy

I posted this somewhere else but their fans looked like the witnessed a murder.

Saw a student bus pull up, the kids got out and literally didn't know where to go. Saw it over and over - their fans literally didn't know the sections to their own building.

Sat next to student section- thought they were terrific- loud, not raunchy. Old neighbors kid goes there and we took photo with him holding pic of JB seeking nostril treasure...was hoping to snag that.

Sat next to student section- thought they were terrific- loud, not raunchy. Old neighbors kid goes there and we took photo with him holding pic of JB seeking nostril treasure...was hoping to snag that.

Ha - I was near them too on the Cuse side, not nearly the venom as before.

It's like JB said, This is like a firecracker today vs a bomb in the old Big East.

I’ve been to many an SU-Georgetown game since the mid 90s. Today was probably the worst showing they’ve had since the lowest of the Esherick era. Maybe the worst ever. Syracuse took over the building, and it was glorious.
When I lived in DC in '90 to '94, I used to go to the games at the Capital Centre out in God-forsaken Landover. We in the SU fan contingent punched above our weight, but we did not take over back then. The arrogant, obnoxious, and generally loathsome Hoya fans used to actually show up to support their team of thugs and felons. I never had a beer thrown on me, but they could be pretty aggressive. On those rare and unfortunate occasions when we lost, I cheered myself up with the thought that 97% of those fans would then go back to their tar-paper shacks. I shared this sentiment with many of them.

I've gotten older, and the flames of hatred don't burn as brightly as in days of yore, but beating Georgetown still automatically means it's been a very good day. 100% chance that I'll be watching that on the DVR again.

GO ORANGE

When I lived in DC in '90 to '94, I used to go to the games at the Capital Centre out in God-forsaken Landover. We in the SU fan contingent punched above our weight, but we did not take over back then. The arrogant, obnoxious, and generally loathsome Hoya fans used to actually show up to support their team of thugs and felons. I never had a beer thrown on me, but they could be pretty aggressive. On those rare and unfortunate occasions when we lost, I cheered myself up with the thought that 97% of those fans would then go back to their tar-paper shacks. I shared this sentiment with many of them.

I've gotten older, and the flames of hatred don't burn as brightly as in days of yore, but beating Georgetown still automatically means it's been a very good day. 100% chance that I'll be watching that on the DVR again.

GO ORANGE
Epic post.

From watching on TV, I had no idea there was much cuse presence there. It didn't really come across to me that we had that much of the building.

Agreed. I thought the TV cameras focused on Georgetown"s student section the most to give the impression of a heavily favored home crowd. I trusted our on-site posters when they said the crowd was more Orange than Hoya, but the TV showed the opposite.

I was in the car all day on Saturday and could only listen to the game on the radio via satellite. I don't know which two mooks were doing the game but they were awful. If the score hadn't been displayed on the radio I would've had no idea what was going on. I say this because at one point I kept trying to figure out who scored by listening to crowd reaction. Unfortunately/fortunately there was big Syracuse presence because every shot and miss from both teams was being cheered just as loudly so I couldn't tell.

By the way, it was the most angst-ridden 2 hours of being in a car that I've ever spent!

I'm an old guy and remember the BE battles well, but frankly these old BE rival games just don't get me pumped up unless the opponent is good. I think G-Town looked better under Ewing, but they aren't good and in my mind we've moved on from this rivalry. Enjoyed the game, super glad we won, but this rivalry ended for me anyway when we left the BE. Now it's just another annoying fan base that can cry because they have been left behind.

Agreed. I thought the TV cameras focused on Georgetown"s student section the most to give the impression of a heavily favored home crowd. I trusted our on-site posters when they said the crowd was more Orange than Hoya, but the TV showed the opposite.
They always do that.

At a typical Georgetown game the two upper tiers of the Verizon Center are empty and the lower level is sparsely populated. The student section is brightly lit and that's the only part of the crowd they show.

I often wonder if the University has asked them to do that or if they do it for the sake of appearance on TV. Viewers might ask themselves, "Why am I sitting here at home watching a game that has drawn next to no fans? Maybe I ought to switch channels to a game people care about."

I’ve been to many an SU-Georgetown game since the mid 90s. Today was probably the worst showing they’ve had since the lowest of the Esherick era. Maybe the worst ever. Syracuse took over the building, and it was glorious.
Their fans stink. That's why Ted Hockey used to give away tickets to the homeless ... his pathetic effort to reduce the SU contingent. Pity we got wise to it and wouldn't play them unless they let our fans in. They deserve every bit of the overtime facial.

I'm an old guy and remember the BE battles well, but frankly these old BE rival games just don't get me pumped up unless the opponent is good. I think G-Town looked better under Ewing, but they aren't good and in my mind we've moved on from this rivalry. Enjoyed the game, super glad we won, but this rivalry ended for me anyway when we left the BE. Now it's just another annoying fan base that can cry because they have been left behind.
I've been to many games at the verizon. The undergrads are arrogant, impolite, self-entitled brats, but the graduate students are over it. They're not rabid like the undergrads. I say this after many occasions interacting with SU/GT folks at Clydes, which is a great place to have a beer and play raconteur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom