So, the back flip | Syracusefan.com

So, the back flip

OburgOrange

Living Legend
I didn’t see any of the game until the 4th quarter. Love the win btw. But I couldn’t believe that Shradder actually did a back flip in the first half lined up as a WR! We were losing at the time. A new wrinkle in the playbook? I mean….wow

GS said no one on the team believed he could do a back flip when they were talking about it at the team Hotel. So he showed them in the middle of the game. Coaches had no idea he was gonna do it. Haha

I didn’t see any of the game until the 4th quarter. Love the win btw. But I couldn’t believe that Shradder actually did a back flip in the first half lined up as a WR! We were losing at the time. A new wrinkle in the playbook? I mean….wow

Lighten up, Emily. There's been so little to enjoy this season. I laughed hard and called my family into the room to watch it again. I smiled for the next several minutes and laughed again at the thought of it. It felt good to feel joy again while watching a Syracuse football game.

Lighten up, Emily. There's been so little to enjoy this season. I laughed hard and called my family into the room to watch it again. I smiled for the next several minutes and laughed again at the thought of it. It felt good to feel joy again while watching a Syracuse football game.
GS has been doing legendary things since he was a true frosh starting at QB for Miss State and made an insane attempt to get a first down in a hopeless spot and got launched in the air like a helicopter.

Bravo GS.

The only thing that was missing here was the Pitt defender covering him was looking toward the QB and missed the whole thing. Clueless. No reaction.

You gotta pay attention when you are covering Garrett….

That’s an interesting take. Put the third or fourth string QB in behind an OL who has struggled to pass block all season, throwing to a WR group who are missing their top two receivers, on a squad that has been struggling of late behind QB1 and QB2. That sounds like a formula for failure.

OR, you could try something different and play to your strengths in an unexpected manner, and POSSIBLY have something to build on for your last two games against relatively equal opponents.

Sorry, I think this guy’s take is naive.

If an opponent had a guy do that to us we would want him suspended for three games.

That’s an interesting take. Put the third or fourth string QB in behind an OL who has struggled to pass block all season, throwing to a WR group who are missing their top two receivers, on a squad that has been struggling of late behind QB1 and QB2. That sounds like a formula for failure.
... Sorry, I think this guy’s take is naive.

Whoa there. Doug Flutie was the 5th string QB his FR year at BC. Half way through the season, all 4 guys in front of him were out. He played in the PSU game, and never looked back. Similar thing happened to Sean Tucker here.

I'm impressed that Dino got off his a$$ and installed a new offense for this game, and glad it worked out. Aren't all the offensive assistants former OCs, or something like that? He, and I assume the staff, realized it's about time to give the stars on the team the chance to go win games. But they damn better have QB #4 and #5 prepared to throw the ball, even if they want Villari to be the #3 now.

Ok, my real reason for posting:

Next week, after Shrader back flips, he needs to go down and out for a pass...

Last edited:
Whoa there. Doug Flutie was the 5th string QB his FR year at BC. Half way through the season, all 4 guys in front of him were out. He played in the PSU game, and never looked back. Similar thing happened to Sean Tucker here.

I'm impressed that Dino got off his a$$ and installed a new offense for this game, and glad it worked out. Aren't all the offensive assistants former OCs, or something like that? He, and I assume the staff, realized it's about time to give the stars on the team the chance to go win games. But they damn better have QB #4 and #5 prepared to throw the ball, even if they want Villari to be the #3 now.

Ok, my real reason for posting:

Next week, after Shrader back flips, he needs to go down and out for a pass...
I don’t think Doug Flutie is sitting on our bench.

He nailed the landing too.

reminded me of the mikey powell backflip. impressive sure but WHY ? nothing gained there.

Holy moly that’s nuts and boy did he stick the landing! I missed it at the game. Well we can safely conclude his feet and ankles are fine this year and aren’t the issues