So the leaf rakers showed up today | Syracusefan.com

So the leaf rakers showed up today

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
where were the students? For as much as people on this board want to complain about the home town crowd not showing up, the dome was full. I understand that it was homecoming which makes the student section being empty even more pitiful. It was a good representation today, by the crowd and the team

Who says? Big parts of the upper section were pure silver against the #1 team in the nation, defending champs, and defending heisman winner. Nothing to be proud of, IMO.

Students were no shows. They used one of those small air cannon things to shoot free t-shirts into the student crowd - how embarrassing - it went too far about 15 rows up into total silver and some students started running to climb up the rows to get it off the ground.

Who says? Big parts of the upper section were pure silver against the #1 team in the nation, defending champs, and defending heisman winner. Nothing to be proud of, IMO.
wrong, were you at the game?

KellySyracuse said:
wrong, were you at the game?

The TV doesn't lie my friend. What was the official attendance?

KellySyracuse said:
43000 and change. But thanks for showing up, oh wait. You'd rather sit at home and watch on TV and then complain about the people that didn't show up. Adios

I live 6 hours away. Can't make every game. Sorry.

KellySyracuse said:
too damn funny but yet so typical. But yet you think you have a right to complain about attendance. Again, Adios

I didn't even complain. I simply stated that what you said about the dome being "full" is not even close to being true. Everyone else in the thread has said the same thing.

The dome did not look great on TV. Sounded OK. But as I stated already, nothing to be proud of.

I didn't even complain. I simply stated that what you said about the dome being "full" is not even close to being true. Everyone else in the thread has said the same thing.

The dome did not look great on TV. Sounded OK. But as I stated already, nothing to be proud of.
okay, gotcha. But thanks for being a great fan, maybe we'll see you in the 'cuse one day.

KellySyracuse said:
okay, gotcha. But thanks for being a great fan, maybe we'll see you in the 'cuse one day.

You shouldn't worry about it. Non locals not attending isn't the problem...

KellySyracuse said:
where were the students? For as much as people on this board want to complain about the home town crowd not showing up, the dome was full. I understand that it was homecoming which makes the student section being empty even more pitiful. It was a good representation today, by the crowd and the team

The dome was not full, end of argument.

Fans, period, did not show up enough.

I was shocked when I checked Facebook and saw how many of my friends from S.U. went back for Homecoming this year (many of whom live/work very far away). Usually a few of us will make it back for Homecoming each season, but this was BY FAR the most I've seen in a single year. There wasn't a huge uptick in mailings to alumni promoting it either (by that I mean no more than we get every other year), so not sure how to explain it. The opponent maybe? In any event, great to see such a big turnout by my former classmates. Wish I could have made it back to see some old friends and professors as well. This is the second in a row I've missed too... :(

too damn funny but yet so typical. But yet you think you have a right to complain about attendance. Again, Adios

3ae24691c60e7f496fd95342ca8a943b.jpg

the majority of the dome was full except student overflow and away team sections that were returned in upper deck.

Locals are the only ones that do attend.

Oh, really Bees?

And to the OP, the Dome was nowhere near full. Hence the "announced" attendance being 6k short of capacity.

Cuseman78 said:
Oh, really Bees? And to the OP, the Dome was nowhere near full. Hence the "announced" attendance being 6k short of capacity.

Yes. And I'm not talking about the onesie twosies that go from this board. It's not just locals but it may as well be. We don't draw students, we don't draw from around the state and we don't draw a large alumni crowd.

The opening shot at noon was pitiful...you go from watching SEC mouth breathers on gameday to the opening shot of 22k fans in the Dome.

Reactions: CIL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom