so the QB recruit at Florida... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

so the QB recruit at Florida...

I think this is beautiful actually, this NIL craziness is not sustainable, handshake deals, contracts that may or may not be legally binding, it’s all a joke and the market Will correct itself. There will be a bunch of company’s or boosters that pay a huge sum for players that never see the field. What if the kid turns out to be awful, but he stays the 4 years? Now you just paid a overhyped scrub millions to hold a clip board. Why would he ever not stay the full four years? Look at Texas Am, those boosters have money but how many years can they pay out that kind of $$ and not make a bowl game, especially when they will owe their coach $100 million, in Texas you will have two kids at QB who are reported to be getting huge NIL deals, well Ewers hasn’t transferred yet, and Manning isn’t coming in to be the back up, that’s a lot of dead $$$ sitting on the bench at one position. Not to mention no way Texas wins the NC in next two years. it’s hilarious to me.

Why? It’s no one’s business, other than the parties and the IRS.
Because that’s the only way you will expose the corruption.
711DC8A8-FFF3-4F00-B146-C571D66A91ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Come April 15 the IRS will assemble to start hammering kids that don't have the P's and Q's covered on the tax front

That’s one of the great things about the INFLCR platform. It issues all payments and provides a consolidated 1099 to the players.

And it may not have been $13MM, but I guarantee all payments to all seven of our sponsored student athletes cleared successfully!

Because that’s the only way you will expose the corruption.View attachment 224238
No one cared about the corruption before: why now. SU lost guys to booster money before, they will lose guys to NIL money now. It’s only “corrupt” if it’s a pay for play scheme, or the school is contributing dollars. Otherwise, it’s commerce.

The guy who wrote the piece on this in The Atlantic was on with Dan Patrick this morning. He had some interesting details. Miami had a verbal from Rashada, and the number was $8-9M. Florida outbid them. Patrick asked if the kid was worth it. Before the question was completed, the answer, a resounding "No!" was given. Not worth $13M or $8M.

He also said that Florida is known for not living up to their part of the bargain.

No one cared about the corruption before: why now. SU lost guys to booster money before, they will lose guys to NIL money now. It’s only “corrupt” if it’s a pay for play scheme, or the school is contributing dollars. Otherwise, it’s commerce.
Unless and until rules are written and enforced. I'm not holding my breath.

No one cared? I think people cared. I certainly did.

so basically, since its not paid to play. he could have just done the deal, stopped playing fball and just taken the money as long as he lived in the area?
No. Per the contract, the collective had the right to terminate the agreement at any moment.

I think this is beautiful actually, this NIL craziness is not sustainable, handshake deals, contracts that may or may not be legally binding, it’s all a joke and the market Will correct itself. There will be a bunch of company’s or boosters that pay a huge sum for players that never see the field. What if the kid turns out to be awful, but he stays the 4 years? Now you just paid a overhyped scrub millions to hold a clip board. Why would he ever not stay the full four years? Look at Texas Am, those boosters have money but how many years can they pay out that kind of $$ and not make a bowl game, especially when they will owe their coach $100 million, in Texas you will have two kids at QB who are reported to be getting huge NIL deals, well Ewers hasn’t transferred yet, and Manning isn’t coming in to be the back up, that’s a lot of dead $$$ sitting on the bench at one position. Not to mention no way Texas wins the NC in next two years. it’s hilarious to me.

I’ve wondered the same thing myself. But in the NFL (and other pro sports leagues), teams end up paying millions of dollars for players who end up being total scrubs all the time. So who knows what will happen.

No. Per the contract, the collective had the right to terminate the agreement at any moment.
Say, for example, if he got recruited over and lost his shine?
That would legitimize pay for performance - way worse than anything before NIL came along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom