so this uconn team | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

so this uconn team

Uconn thinks we reached the elite 8 last year. I didn't think nothing of it when Danny Hurley said it because it sounded like he mis spoke. But the latest article about the game by the Hartford Courant says we return all 5 players from the elite 8 last year.

Uconn thinks we reached the elite 8 last year. I didn't think nothing of it when Danny Hurley said it because it sounded like he mis spoke. But the latest article about the game by the Hartford Courant says we return all 5 players from the elite 8 last year.
I wonder if it's because they saw our postseason record as 3-1? They must have forgot the play-in game. If you're in the traditional 64 team field, winning 3 games get you to the Elite 8.

If we are sweating UCONN we are in a world of hurt on Friday.
This and Villanova are UConn's 2 biggest games this year. In the Garden. Hurley was amped to beat Morehead State. They want revenge for last year. No Frank.

This game means absolutely more to them than it does to us; and if we play like it, they could win, especially without Frank

This and Villanova are UConn's 2 biggest games this year. In the Garden. Hurley was amped to beat Morehead State. They want revenge for last year. No Frank.

This game means absolutely more to them than it does to us; and if we play like it, they could win, especially without Frank
I agree that it means a lot to them, but it shouldn't mean more to them than us, and the game Friday is going to mean a lot to Iowa and Oregon. All games matter and MSG and TV is going to have everyone ready to go, if we aren't - shame on us. UCONN is the worst team in the event.

JB will certainly have them ready. Always puts our squad in the best position to win. Very rarely out-coached

I agree that it means a lot to them, but it shouldn't mean more to them than us, and the game Friday is going to mean a lot to Iowa and Oregon. All games matter and MSG and TV is going to have everyone ready to go, if we aren't - shame on us. UCONN is the worst team in the event.

Agreed.

If we can't get ready to go in the Garden for what should be a special season we have bigger issues.

Agreed. Individual talent needs to win out. Tyus and Oshae should plan on being 4 year guys and lose any thought of leaving early if they can't carry us to a win tomorrow night.

This will be Tyus's 3rd rock fight in MSG in 3 years vs these scrubs I don't care if he is playing out of position I expect him to look like the best player on the court and hit some outside shots.

JB will certainly have them ready. Always puts our squad in the best position to win. Very rarely out-coached

Agreed. Our game aganist Morehead State was beneficial in that regard.

We just need to hit shots. After watching the replay against morehead... we just miss shots. If we can connect we will stop these turds into the dirt, even without our point guard and senior leader.

Uconn fans are really cocky for a team that hasn't had a winning season in 3 years. Hey they can always live in the past after every loss.

If we are sweating UCONN we are in a world of hurt on Friday.

Normally in theory yes. But, we don’t know how Frank will be and if he’ll play. We don’t know how Carey will perform and if he is ready for the big stage. They have better guards collectively and we have better forwards. Hopefully we can get into the offense and not discombobulate. We won last year but it wasn’t easy. No Gilbert for them. Some of the same players held us to 50 points and that was with Lydon, White, etc. Hurley has them playing harder. We are still a work in progress and will never be some offensive juggernaut. I personally will not be surprised one bit if it is a struggle or a L. Predicted 73-71 SU in the prediction thread.

Last edited:
When Boeheim at his last Presser said, "Without Frank, we aren't a very good team." I think that was an honest assessment. (Of course, some of our panel of experts on here will disagree as always)

When we get some balance (Functioning point guards) and some more experience, I think this team will be good.

But right now ...?????

they any good?

From my season preview, (culled from Athlon, Lindy's and Street and Smith's)

The Huskies, national champion as recently as four years ago, have fallen on hard times. They won 32 games that year but just 30 in the last two years, including 14-18 last season. Kevin Ollie, despite having that national title on his resume, has been fired. But new coach Danny Hurley, “Has intriguing talent across the roster”. Jalen Adams, (6-3 18.1ppg, 4.7apg) is the AAC’s best player. Christian Vital (6-2 14.9ppg, 5.4rpg ) is another backcourt threat. Duquesne transfer Alterique Gilbert (6-0) “missed nearly all of the last two seasons with shoulder woes and may be the first player in NCAA history to be named preseason conference Rookie of the Year three straight years”. He was a Top 50 recruit and “If he can remain healthy, his considerable talents will be game changers.” Tarin Smith, (6-2 12.4ppg 3.2apg) will give them more backcourt strength - and they won those last two national titles from the backcourt.

“It’s the frontcourt where question marks rise. Josh Carleton (6-9 242, 4.4p 3.7r), showed skills as a freshman and Eric Cobb (6-9 280, 1/7p 2.7r) seems re-energized after clashing with Ollie. St. John’s grad transfer Kassoum Yakwe (6-7 210, 1.4p 1.9r) could be a shot-swatting presence.” UCONN may not have enough up front to beat us but if our backcourt is still limited by injury we could have a hard time dealing with their backcourt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom