So very happy for Terrel Hunt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So very happy for Terrel Hunt

Sure, Hunt can add consistency to his mid to deep throws, but he improved, and you have to consider what else he brings. He was our second best rusher. MVP against BC and in the bowl win. Leadership. Has the respect of the team. Owns the QB position and gives us hope to improve in 2014 and 2015.
Agree with all this. I hope he develops I really do. He still leaves me a little wanting more. Maybe better receivers and turning Estime into Percy Harvin will aid his development. If a different QB starts over the next 2 years it will be because one of the young guys is really really good.

It was really weird.. I was down on Hunt all the way up to the BC game... Something seemed to click right around the Pitt/BC game for him on downfield throws. He didn't light the world on fire, but the throw to Cornelius in the Pitt game, followed by the throws in the BC game and his game really appears to be developing well over the course of the season. He doesn't have the arm strength of a world burner, but his reads downfield are what seems to be progressing nicely. Every one of his overthrows to guys in the BC game and Minn game were the correct reads. Not to mention, in the BC and Minn game, his pull downs were much more timely. I'm actually high on Hunt going into next season. If he can continue to progress, our talented recruits will get a full year to redshirt and develop. Things are looking up at the QB position.

I think you are right on the "Something seemed to Click".

I remember watching my son play hockey (practice and games) and wondered WTH he was doing most of the time, being out of position, missing the puck, losing the puck, off sides, penalties, any mistake that can be made. Then one game it was like a light switch and he did almost everything right and I was amazed. His coach said "that's what happens, one day I knew it would click for him".

I think it takes time to mesh the physical aspect, the speed and the mental aspect of the game together. When that finally happens, we see what we saw the last 2 games against that level of competition. Just my opinion.

With TH it seemed the last 2 games that something "clicked" and "the game slowed down" or whatever others might say but he looked like he was playing at a different pace and was very decisive. Just like when he shredded Wagner, difference is that it was BC and an 8-4 B1G team that he was playing.

I think his arm strength is good, he threw some nice balls but it seemed he was trying too hard to put touch on the short to intermediate throws and now he fires them in there. His pull downs and runs were much more timely as you suggested.

He is going to be a good one. He will have another full off season and spring ball to improve as well. Can't wait!!

Yeah, "anything is an upgrade" over that Nassib guy - the guy whose "rainbows" set the SU records for total passing yards, pass completions, and passing yards per game, and is only the 4th QB ever in the history of the BE to pass for more than 9000 yards. That guy.

Ridiculous post
Nassib was great, noone is saying he wasn't, but his long ball was never that good. Hunt has shown more capacity for accurate long balls than Nassib. Not all QBs do everything well, I have heard it said that Boomer Esiason struggled greatly on sideline throws but nailed balls down the middle - long and short.

Hunt does a lot of things well and sometimes you don't notice because he does do them well. Those bubbles are all good throws and yes they are pretty easy to do in theory I thought some previous qb's struggled with them. I'd like to see more up the middles and long passes executed better or attempted more often but he has a soft touch and as a runner is mysteriously elusive. If a freshman beats him out next year they will have to be pretty darn good and it's a win win for me even though I too am rooting for this young man to succeed.

I think what also makes it difficult is the amount of sideline passes where there is little to no room for error. I hope next year we throw more deep passes in other parts of the field.

Next year Morris, McFarland, Gulley, Cleveland, AAM back at RB. TE Parris, Moore, Provo, Batten, WR West, Broyld, Estime, Cornelius, Funderburk, Kobena. New WR KJ Williams, Custis, Cooper, and possibly Ishmael, Enoicy. GM will have a lot of size, and speed to run his offense next year, a lot of different options, with no-one to key on.

Hunt was indeed the last player to leave the field, ignoring a team manager's urgent requests to get him off the field so he could sign one more autograph and pose for one more picture with the SU fans in the area. Good kid.
that team manager should been holding up the bus to the team flight back to Syracuse...fire him now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom