So Virginia has opened the door | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So Virginia has opened the door

Doesn't that door swing both ways? How would you like to be stuck in a NIL deal with Benny Williams right now?
Then draft the contract with protections and out clauses that both parties are satisfied with.

Expect NY state to be woefully late on doing anything... Look how many years it took them to get their piecemeal cannabis policies in place.

Expect NY state to be woefully late on doing anything... Look how many years it took them to get their piecemeal cannabis policies in place.

There is nothing I would like more than to retire back to upstate New York. I love the area, the fall and Syracuse sports. I can’t even consider it the way the state is run and it’s only gotten worse since I left 25 years ago. It’s a shame, when you consider how far money will go in property and cost of living up there.

There is nothing I would like more than to retire back to upstate New York. I love the area, the fall and Syracuse sports. I can’t even consider it the way the state is run and it’s only gotten worse since I left 25 years ago. It’s a shame, when you consider how far money will go in property and cost of living up there.

There's worse places to live... A lot worse.

Not a fan of the state government tho for sure.

I don’t know. December - April is ROUGHHHHH.

I feel this will expedite Congress getting involved. Once representatives or senators feel their state is at a disadvantage they will act. Not sure of the end result but it will happen.
Also if the school pays I am not sure how you can now say they are not employees. That will create a host of other issues without regulation or legislation.
Their nil would be taxable, what about their scholarship, room and board, stipend etc.? Can they now unionize as employees? Can they be made to sign contracts? There is a lot of unresolved issues.
Going to be a national union, with collective bargaining that will bring movement restrictions.

There is nothing I would like more than to retire back to upstate New York. I love the area, the fall and Syracuse sports.
With you on that. Living on one of the finger lakes would be awesome.

But just don't think I could deal with the winters.

It hasn’t been the Dec - Aprils we had 20 even 10 years ago. Our neighborhood plow guy only charges us per plow and we even upped his per plow rate on our own and we paid just $210 this year. The people who pay seasonal plow rates have been overpaying the past 5 years.

It hasn’t been the Dec - Aprils we had 20 even 10 years ago. Our neighborhood plow guy only charges us per plow and we even upped his per plow rate on our own and we paid just $210 this year. The people who pay seasonal plow rates have been overpaying the past 5 years.
Borat was smart to want a woman with plow experience

Winter never bothered me, I grew up right on Lake Ontario. Of course, now the blood doesn’t flow like it used to so that would be something to consider.

Winter never bothered me, I grew up right on Lake Ontario. Of course, now the blood doesn’t flow like it used to so that would be something to consider.
It didn’t bother me that much until I lived in places that didn’t have it .

agreed. if we can get kids to sign multi-year contracts, a lot of the angst will go away. The biggest issue isn't them getting paid, it's their total freedom to jump ship for any reason.
This was my thought, BINDING multi year contacts, min of 2 years for freshman thru juniors. (unless the coach leaves) Heck get inventive like a non-compete clause (ie Brown can't play against SU if he goes to Duke). Penalty clause if the kid goes pro early. They want to be paid like adults/ pros, get stuck with all the rest of the legal restrictions.

There's worse places to live... A lot worse.

Not a fan of the state government tho for sure.
When was the last time that upstate NY had hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, forest fires, or earthquakes? I mean on a regular basis and billion $ destruction. Buffalo getting buried in multiple snow storms was more an inconvenience than a life threatening events.

Doesn't that door swing both ways? How would you like to be stuck in a NIL deal with Benny Williams right now?
If the options were to have both Maliq and Benny, or neither one of them, I would take both of them in a heartbeat and stash Benny deep on the bench (although you wouldn't be stuck because the agreements would permit termination for cause). And the NIL for both combined would probably equal what Maliq could get now anyways, so it balances if you have to keep both under- and over-performers.

Or them being surrounded by states with legalized sports gambling before finally approving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom