So what conference are L'ville and ND in | Syracusefan.com

So what conference are L'ville and ND in

next season?

Is there any new news on this, I haven't checked that today.

I assume ND will be ACC. Hoops schedules aren't complete. I don't know how much they'll have to rearrange for other sports. But since football isn't impacted, I think it's easy to get them in.

Louisville has to stay in the Amerigo Vespucci Doce I assume for now. Would seem like a major headache to rearrange football schedules at this point. Not to mention a 15 team football league.

I assume ND will be ACC. Hoops schedules aren't complete. I don't know how much they'll have to rearrange for other sports. But since football isn't impacted, I think it's easy to get them in.

Louisville has to stay in the Amerigo Vespucci Doce I assume for now. Would seem like a major headache to rearrange football schedules at this point. Not to mention a 15 team football league.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's crazy for them. Their partnership agreement was with the BE, not the AVD.

I assume they'll just change conferences and say F you, you get nothing since you no longer exist and sort it out later. That is what I would do.

I assume they'll just change conferences and say F you, you get nothing since you no longer exist and sort it out later. That is what I would do.

Yeah, I don't get it. If the animal doesn't exist, why would ND have to feed it? Seems like they can just walk.

PS: as indicated in an earlier post...Notre Dame will be in ACC this summer...the bball schedule including Notre Dame has already been drafted.

Yeah, I don't get it. If the animal doesn't exist, why would ND have to feed it? Seems like they can just walk.

What if the leopard just changes its' spots?

Or polka-dots in this case?

That's crazy for them. Their partnership agreement was with the BE, not the AVD.

But what other choice do they (Louisville) have at this point? Go indy and try to schedule 12 games this late? ACC can't take them, too many logistics, probably can't get rid of Maryland, because B1G schedules are already set. One lame duck season for Louisville. I wonder what happens with the BCS game? Louisville should obviously roll through that conference.

ND will be in the ACC. Louisville will have to play another season against the new former BE football league, but there is no doubt where Louisville will be in their mindset. They're running around wearing these for Pete's sake.

64798_342986009155331_1758027406_n.jpg

ND will be in the ACC. Louisville will have to play another season against the new former BE football league, but there is no doubt where Louisville will be in their mindset. They're running around wearing these for Pete's sake.

64798_342986009155331_1758027406_n.jpg

Perfect shirt...a black hole where WV would be if they had ever been invited to the ACC...a nice, albeit unintentional, F you to WVFU...hahaha...

This is ND. I'm sure now ND will claim that the Big East never really existed, and that they were tricked by Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

This is grossly unfair. The poor kid got taken in by a huckster weirdo. ND had t I stick up for him and get teary-eyed for him - he is one of them and they stick together to represent the best, most historic Football program in the history of the world. Truly sad.

I just threw up on myself. I could barely type that without losing it.

next season?

Interesting Tidbit from Notre Dame Head Basketball Coach Mike Brey in his press conference after the Louisville game:

Mike Brey: "I'd love to see our program get to Saturday night (at the Big East Tournament) before we head to Tobacco Road."
This is right after someone asked him if this was his last Big East Regular Season game. He said "Yes".

I think this gives away where he thinks he's going to be next season. I'm not sure that there has been any announcement yet though.

Interesting Tidbit from Notre Dame Head Basketball Coach Mike Brey in his press conference after the Louisville game:

Mike Brey: "I'd love to see our program get to Saturday night (at the Big East Tournament) before we head to Tobacco Road."
This is right after someone asked him if this was his last Big East Regular Season game. He said "Yes".

I think this gives away where he thinks he's going to be next season. I'm not sure that there has been any announcement yet though.

There may not have been an announcement, but if those were his words, you have to think internally the decision's been made and the contracts are closed to being signed, if not already.

Y
I've never been one for Cinci if the ACC needs to add one more, but Ohio would fill that map in quite nicely.

Yep, that's the map that tells me UConn has no chance. Besides Cincy, the only other option is the Navy/GTown hybrid.

I've never been one for Cinci if the ACC needs to add one more, but Ohio would fill that map in quite nicely.
The Maryland wedge is the real gap. But, if this were a military campaign (and it's looking more and more like one), that move by the B1G to bring in UMD and RU would be strategically unsettling to the ACC.

The Maryland wedge is the real gap. But, if this were a military campaign (and it's looking more and more like one), that move by the B1G to bring in UMD and RU would be strategically unsettling to the ACC.

“It’s necessary to engage into exploration of not only a channel but any and all opportunities of owning, from a geographical standpoint, the Eastern Seaboard of the United States, from Boston to Miami,” Duke athletics director Kevin White said. “We have some really unique assets here, and I think it’s an opportunity for us to leverage what we do have and what we are. I think it would be pretty irresponsible for us not to explore all of those opportunities.”

The ACC, conference of Eastern Seaboard domination.

Not if you factor in global warming. Once sea levels rise and the Chesapeake floods Maryland and New Jersey, the new Atlantic Coast will be as depicted on the t-shirt.

That's why Cincy is so important -- we can cut off both their line of supply and any possible escape route. Then we can concentrate on driving their eastern division into the ocean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom