So...what do we do about Brandon? | Syracusefan.com

So...what do we do about Brandon?

BostonOrange

2nd String
Last 3 games - 10-34 from the field, 1-13 from 3, 15 turnovers. Historically awful performances. But what options do we really have? Cooney has given no indication he is close to ready. JS can't put it on the floor. I think you need to stick with bt for better or worse. Most likely worse but who knows maybe he'll somehow turn it around.

Last 3 games - 10-34 from the field, 1-13 from 3, 15 turnovers. Historically awful performances. But what options do we really have? Cooney has given no indication he is close to ready. JS can't put it on the floor. I think you need to stick with bt for better or worse. Most likely worse but who knows maybe he'll somehow turn it around.

Seriously, BT has gotten by for four years pretty much on the fact that once every few weeks he has a good half (i've been saying this for four years now) He's a very nice third guard in that he's average at almost every facet of the game - and can occasionally go off.

In fact he had a nice 6 game run earlier this year - which was the first time I recall him playing well for an extended period of time.

Cooney had a good first half against Marquette - why not let him play more. Seemed to be enough to keep forcing huge minutes for BT.

I don't know - token minutes are fine at this point. Cooney isn't ready for primetime or close, but might as well at least rest the other two guards - they're not exactly tearing it up in the second half. How much would we really lose in those 4-6 minutes?????

Triche is king of the scrub teams, all his best performances are against lower competition. Go look it up.

Triche is killing this team

Look at today 2-11, 0-3 from 3, 7 turnovers, lost hancock for 2 open 3's in the 2nd half

Seriously, BT has gotten by for four years pretty much on the fact that once every few weeks he has a good half (i've been saying this for four years now) He's a very nice third guard in that he's average at almost every facet of the game - and can occasionally go off.

In fact he had a nice 6 game run earlier this year - which was the first time I recall him playing well for an extended period of time.

Cooney had a good first half against Marquette - why not let him play more. Seemed to be enough to keep forcing huge minutes for BT.

I don't know - token minutes are fine at this point. Cooney isn't ready for primetime or close, but might as well at least rest the other two guards - they're not exactly tearing it up in the second half. How much would we really lose in those 4-6 minutes?????
I'm for a few more minutes for cooney but really it is just based on the 'how can he be any worse' philosophy, not that cooney has demonstrated that he can actually help Brandon was 0-3 with 4 to's and 3 fouls in the last 10 minutes today. No one can be worse than that.

I wonder what his +/- differential has been the last three games.

Anyone know who tracks that in college ball?

Wish him well in his career in Europe or the NBDL. I hope he's gotten a good degree in his four years if his hoop dreams don't play out.

Triche is killing this team

Look at today 2-11, 0-3 from 3, 7 turnovers, lost hancock for 2 open 3's in the 2nd half
... and I think failed to box out on a ft attempt allowing the rebound to Louisville. On the other hand to recapture this season we're going to need some good play from him, so kind of counterproductive to just keep ranting on him.

Lets start with not letting him play 38 minutes. That's for starters. Cooney certainly was no factor today, but we couldn't have at least squeezed out more than 4 minutes for our 3rd guard, especially when the guy in front of him can't buy a bucket, leaves 3 ptrs wide open, and turns the ball over 7 times?

Lets start with not letting him play 38 minutes. That's for starters. Cooney certainly was no factor today, but we couldn't have at least squeezed out more than 4 minutes for our 3rd guard, especially when the guy in front of him can't buy a bucket, leaves 3 ptrs wide open, and turns the ball over 7 times?

Cooney played for like a minute and 4tenths of a second. In that short time span he was playing very good defense. Actually sliding to cover people which Triche failed to do at points. Which was likely due to fatigue, because Boeheim refused to remove Triche.

This.

A disappointing example of Boeheim not learning from an interesting (and successful late-career experiment): Scoop, Dion, and Triche all get around 30 minutes last year and the team gets pretty darn good play out of all three.

This season we're back to the stock "21-year-old kids don't get tired, we've got all these television timeouts these days" answers to questions about the bench while fresh Marquette and Louisville players run circles around our exhausted guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom