So what do we know about UConn? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So what do we know about UConn?

I had you pencilled in as our LT. rrlbees is the QB and Jake is our slot guy. Chris02M is the TE. Jocko and lincolncuse are the outside WRs. weedsportwarriors and Crusty are the OG. We have Enrique Cruz as the RT and Rhino as the FB. Enrique’s little bro will fill in at FB as Rhino recovers.

We have the O’Briens as the stars on the coverage units for special teams. cuseguy and subarney are the gunners. @SWC is our kicker and OburgCuse ia our punter. JRHEETER is our RB.

@SyracruzFamily. @FueledbyHofmann @Ohanababy
I’m not here to tell you who to pick, but when the team of drummers from the sumb had an intramural flag football team and we went against a team of athletes in their offseason, I got the assignment of defending jb reafsnyder one on one. I’m not six feet. I’m not gonna tell you I succeeded, but I’m experienced…and gritty beyond words. You know where to find me.

Actually you don’t but just let me know here.

Here’s highlights of their Week 2 game, which I think is more helpful than their Week 1 game since their QB got hurt.

- Zion Turner is their QB. A true freshman who is in for their injured starter. He’s a little bit of a dual threat. Had some nice runs and good touch on his throws.

-UConn is a very run heavy team. Their tailback has back to back 100 yard games.

-UConn did block a kick or two last week.

-Their offense seems to throw to the tight end a lot.

any other thoughts?
Guys, we have a super bowl winning special teams coach, the best RB in the nation, a great O line, tony white running the D, damn we win going away!

Central Connecticut looked a little small on defense. I am pretty sure if we were on the team, JeremyCuse, Cuseregular, Consigliere and I would have started on the defensive line.

Roger N and Dcuse could have helped out at linebacker. Add DCCuse to that list. And RayInVa would have dominated at free safety.

The announcers and production values of the highlight package are stunning. Not remotely up to the level of the HS football broadcasts we have for local football in CNY. Did they randomly pick a play by play and a color person from the stands?

Reading the Boneyard, some of them think we are awful defending the run. No idea why, we were solid against it last year (28th in the country) and if anything, are better this season.

Their QB is a true frosh who looks very confused and unsure of himself. He is going to have a brutal time trying to deal with the Syracuse 3-3-5. Even Cunningham was completely befuddled by it.

I expect UConn will try and run and fail. Their OL is a lot smaller and less talented than UL’s was. Their RBs are a lot smaller and less talented than UL’s were. Their two 3 WRs are all hurt and they are left with a bunch of slow, weak backups there. If they have to pass, they are going to get a lot of sacks and interceptions. Hard to imagine them getting more than 14 points against us.

Their defense is IMHO quite a bit better than their offensive unit. From what I saw in the Utah State game, their DL and LBs are decent and they appear to be well coached. Not much depth and they will get worn down but they are respectable. Their CBs are small, weak and do not appear to be really athletic. They are going to have a hard time covering our WRs and will need to get help from their safeties, with a lot of zone coverage, to avoid a lot of long TDs. If they do that, we will run for huge yardage play after play.

I think playing on grass will help mask the huge disparity in speed. I think SU is very likely going to be mentally uninspired playing in an empty stadium against a team not many respect. I expect the UConn players will be sky high for the game and they might even keep the score respectable to halftime.

But we are too big, strong and deep to lose this game. 38-14 sounds about right to me. 250 yards rushing and 250 yards passing. Hope we get a chance to rest Shrader and Tucker most of the second half, so we are close to 100% for Purdue.
Brought up the boneyard thinking we’re terrible against the run too, absolutely no idea where they came up with that one. They’ll find out Saturday though.

I had you pencilled in as our LT. rrlbees is the QB and Jake is our slot guy. Chris02M is the TE. Jocko and lincolncuse are the outside WRs. weedsportwarriors and Crusty are the OG. We have Enrique Cruz as the RT and Rhino as the FB. Enrique’s little bro will fill in at FB as Rhino recovers.

We have the O’Briens as the stars on the coverage units for special teams. cuseguy and subarney are the gunners. @SWC is our kicker and OburgCuse ia our punter. JRHEETER is our RB.

Millhouse the OC

FINE! I’m in charge of the uniform combos then!

I would expect this game to be close for the first half. The pups will be highly motivated, and Mora is too good of a coach to not have a workable game plan. And you know they’re going to hit some fluke play. But our size will wear them down and end up SU by about 20.

Nice post , though I’m devastated I didn’t make your ( Connecticut replacement team ) squad .
Me too. I figured I could fit in somewhere in there on special teams as long as I can run down the field with my walker.

While I understand the Boneyard jumping on our run defense, I don’t understand at the same time. Ok, we gave up some gashing runs between the hashes last week, but we were able to smother their ground attack most of the game. I think that if we can contain Carter inside the box, our DBs and backers are skilled and fast enough to flow to him if he gets outside. Also, I’ll be expecting Tony to dial up ALL of the pressure this Saturday. The Huskies will be ready, the question is how ready will we be?

I’d say 34-14 if we have made as much progress as I think, this should be no contest. Uconn will be close for the first half, game should be over by 3rd quarter. I wouldn’t be surprised with a little bit of a let down because this game is sandwiched between lvill and Purdue.

Honestly the boneyard is saying they might be able to run on us but that they still lose by well over 21.5

They also see the size of our defense and think they are small

But we know despite the size, our defense certainly doesn’t play small

Generally the fan base is expecting a big time beat down on Saturday

UConn is not good, Louisvilles 2s are better then any of UConn’s 1s from the last 2 years combined. This game could be lost, because nothing is impossible, but it would take UConn playing an A+ game and Syracuse playing D- or worse.

Does UConn have a good running back? Seems like it, but outside of that they don’t have much.

45-14 because we call off the dogs in Q3

Last edited:
We will get their best shot and upsets happen. The good news is we have no nonsense leaders in shrader and tucker. I don’t see egos causing any distractions this season.

if you look at the UL game they had a nice run and a scramble take those away its 87 yds on 29 carries 3 ypc. the inverse if you take our 2 longest runs away its 172/38 for 4.5 ypc. If we hold uconn to 3 ypc on all but 2 runs they are in trouble.

Still no spot for me. You will see me running back kicks for B.C.!!!

E27C6F38-3DA9-403A-952F-8744DD7A6008.jpeg

I think Mora has them ready to play
They are still year 5 into a 50-year rebuild
Injuries all over the place

WE
Have the best RB in the nation that we will use to run and catch up and down the field on them
Gadson will have a field in his new position against the pups
Tony White will NOT let his defense sleep on them
GARRETT "don't call me Dungey" SHRADER was the top-rated P5 QB (not bad for a guy that can't throw :rolleyes:)
Beck and Anae might be the best thing that has happened to Cuse since Dungey (maybe better but I'm not wiling to say that yet)

UCONN SUCKS!!!

Other than the travel this will be a quasi-home game for us, SU-hoops style. I imagine the crowd will be near 50% Orange fans.

Central Connecticut State gave them a game for a half.

Central. Connecticut. State.

If we don't smash them senseless I'll be disappointed.

Would love to get all the RBs involved this week.

Loved Tucker's touch distribution last week but we won't need him that much this week (at least I hope not)