So when Gottlieb says something nice, mums the word 'round here? | Syracusefan.com

So when Gottlieb says something nice, mums the word 'round here?

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
So wait... When Gottlieb doesn't blow smoke up our asses he's the biggest douche in sports... you call him "Got-Dweeb", "Dougie", a "Thief" or all of the above.

But when he's all about the Orange, nobody says a thing - That's how it is???

Because all I've heard the last 36 hours is him saying the 'Cuse is going to the Final Four (on The Herd, Mike & Mike, and on ESPN TV coverage) - yet not one of you mooks has mentioned it.

Okay, now I get it - a bunch of you guys simply aren't happy unless you're not happy.

Makes total sense.

So wait... When Gottlieb doesn't blow smoke up our asses he's the biggest douche in sports... you call him "Got-Dweeb", "Dougie", a "Thief" or all of the above.

Because all I've heard the last 36 hours is him saying the 'Cuse is going to the Final Four (on The Herd, Mike & Mike, and on ESPN TV coverage) - yet not one of you mooks has mentioned it.

Okay, now I get it - a bunch of you guys simply aren't happy unless you're not happy.

Makes total sense.
Bingo!

Makes total sense.

Doug, is that you?

I like Gottlieb and think in general the board is weird about him. But if he really did suggest in any way, shape or form that the Cincy loss could cost us a #1 then he's either dumber than I thought or more desperate for attention than I thought. Neither should really be preferred.

Having said that I never saw the quote or tweet so maybe the board made it up.

I guess I haven't seen him say any of that. The last thing I saw him say was last night on the Numbers Never Lie show on ESPN2. They asked who the first 1 seed to lose was going to be and he said Syracuse. So you're saying he thinks we'll be in the Final Four, but that we'll also be the first one seed to lose? Is he banking on all 1 seeds being in the Final Four and hoping SU gets the early game and loses?

Just on ESPN he said he thinks SU will lose to either KSU or Vandy... chose OSU to win the East

Makes total sense.

The only thing more annoying than the board's preoccupation with Doug Gottlieb is someone starting another asinine thread about Gottleib painting him as a martyr.

Way to go.

Gottlieb doesn't just win...he wins in blowout fashion. He owns every college message board across the interwebs.

We nned to start a Syracuse Media Hater / Bias against Syracuse bracket.

network.jpg
Dugie is a poor man's Peter Finch

He didn't pick SU for the FF. Also on Bracketology he chose the BE teams to lose just about every game. And the ones he didn't he bashed the teams (I believe it was just SU and Marq). So having him chose the BE to go 2-9 in the NCAAs isn't biased?

Ky, Florida, OSU and UNC are Gotdweeb's final four.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament

Florida is a good team, but a pretty bizarro choice to beat Virginia and then Missouri.
And OSU -- okay. Not off the reservation (they're a good 2 seed), but certainly no respect for Syracuse.

Gotlieb knows his stuff, but clearly he's not offering any special insight here. We'll see.

Makes total sense.

Sunday after the draw he picked FSU to beat us in round 2. What happened? Does he have an interview with JB coming up?

Makes total sense.
I know I'm repeating this but ---- Amen to that!! You all know how that drives me up the wall.

He picked Florida to get to the final four? Weird...casue all he has been doing is downplaying our win over them

When I was listening to the Mike and Mike podcast last night, I could have sworn he said his FF was Kentucky, UNC, Syracuse, and Florida.

And yeah, I don't get the Florida pick at all. He says they were massively underseeded and I think he just wants them to prove it, but I honestly don't see any chance of them making it out of the first round, much less making it to the Final Four. That team has been awful all year. It blows my mind that they were even ranked in the top 25.

I had him on mute after the hatchet jobs. He has confidence in us all of a sudden?
He sounds like a half in half out announcer - unsure.

He picked Florida to get to the final four? Weird...casue all he has been doing is downplaying our win over them
He made a statement during one ESPN show last week when somebody brought up somebody else's win over Florida, "Oh, everybody beats Florida."

That statement leads me to believe you have never spent much time in upstate NY because we take our bitching and moaning very seriously. If we don't have something to complain about we are simply not happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom