So When Will JB Retire? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So When Will JB Retire?

I will say it for the 100th time it has been said here. Coach K has said he wants "active coaches" on his staff for the 2016 Olympic games. JB is on his staff.

What this smart young lady said.

And if you don't want to believe her, the all-powerful Jay Bilas agrees:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...-teams-most-likely-succeed-next-three-seasons

"Recruiting will be different for the Orange in a new league, but not appreciably different. If anything, trips to Duke and North Carolina will enhance the Orange's swagger. Change will come when Boeheim leaves, but that won't happen soon, as he is committed to the 2016 Olympics. As long as coach-in-waiting Hopkins remains, Syracuse will recruit well, and the Orange can sell continuity." --Jay Bilas

I have a feeling that deep down, he wants to get ahead of Ksidhgfviwehyf-ski in career wins.

2016-17 will be his last, now if he wins another title I say he retires then. I think he wants the title more than the 1000 wins. I was at the final 4 last year. I also made open practice that Friday. I was up close. As Jimmy was walking around the court, he was looking around, enjoying the moment. IMO he was thinking along the lines of this is amazing, I need one more title. He wins it all next year he retires, if not he is back until he cuts the nets down in april

Will never happen because K will coach after JB retires.

Not so fast. Coach K is now 66, and recently had a season where he had to sit out most of it because of a bad back. JB is currently 37 wins behind him, theoretically one great season. It could conceivably happen.

Not so fast. Coach K is now 66, and recently had a season where he had to sit out most of it because of a bad back. JB is currently 37 wins behind him, theoretically one great season. It could conceivably happen.
K has said that coaches for the Olympics will be active college coaches. Unlikely he will quit before that and it's very unlikely JB will go beyond 2016 if that long.

Unless something really serious happens to Coach Ks health I don't see JB catching him, K is younger and is ahead of him.

That season where he missed part of the year was in like 1995. Not sure if that counts as recent. (Unless I missed something in the last few years? But I don't think so). We've been talking about how great JB has been recently, with the 149 wins over the last 5 years which has really moved him up the list (for example, over the prior 5 years, he "only" had 118 wins) but Coach K has 154 wins over the last 5 years. It's not like JB is gaining on him.

K is about a year younger, and is +37 in wins on him. And 37 wins is likely more than one season, so he'd probably have to coach 2 more seasons than K (though to be fair, he could pick up a few wins over the next few years and cut it to 32 or something, but that is still a huge ask)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom