So When Will JB Retire? | Syracusefan.com

So When Will JB Retire?

orange2win

2nd String
He says it will be when he feels like it.

I suggest that on January 30, 2014 after back to back away games in Miami and Winston-Salem, when he returns from the heat to the freezing cold and has just two days to prepare for the biggest regular season home game of the year - perhaps of the decade - SU vs Duke in front of a record crowd, he may well feel like giving Mike Hopkins that long awaited call.

That's some tough schedule for a guy approaching 70.

I'd guess this season and next season. Then he calls it quits with around 1k wins, and hopefully, at least one more championship.

I refuse to allow him to untill he gets another NC . . . . . . or 2 so in a couple years ;)

I will say it for the 100th time it has been said here. Coach K has said he wants "active coaches" on his staff for the 2016 Olympic games. JB is on his staff.
This.

Unless JB shocks everyone by stepping down from Team USA, he'll be head coach on the hill for another 3 years, minimum.

The kids have to be out of the house. Yay!

He says it will be when he feels like it.

I suggest that on January 30, 2014 after back to back away games in Miami and Winston-Salem, when he returns from the heat to the freezing cold and has just two days to prepare for the biggest regular season home game of the year - perhaps of the decade - SU vs Duke in front of a record crowd, he may well feel like giving Mike Hopkins that long awaited call.

That's some tough schedule for a guy approaching 70.

When Igor wears a "Caution:2-3 zone ahead" tee shirt on a Youtube interview congratulating JB on all of his success.

Although I usually agree with my dear friend from the Nutmeg State, I'm gonna stick to my guns and say that this year will be it. Just a feeling I've had for a while.

I don't know when JB will retire, but whatever your guess is, add another year. These high level coaches are wired differently. All they know how to do is coach. These guys always stay on to the end. JB won't hang around like an Eddie Sutton but he'll be here longer than we think, in my opinion.

I think he retires at the end of this season. I agree with Bill

He announces his retirement when the Olympic team returns (with the gold medal) in late August 2016.

Shortly after Syracuse wins it's 3rd NCAA National Basketball Championship. So my guess is 2016 after the Olympic closing ceremony.

If he has enough drive and desire to coach that he commit to the Olympic program on top of running our program, why does everyone think he is running out of desire to continue coaching our team. It would seem to me to make more sense that he would discontinue participation with Team USA if that were the case rather than going full bore with two programs and then suddenly going cold turkey and heading off to the links permanently.

I take him at his word that even he doesn't know. At some point he'll decide it's not that much fun anymore but it hasn't happened yet. That's kind of what happened to Lefty Driesell, though i don't expect JB to quit midseason.

I will say it for the 100th time it has been said here. Coach K has said he wants "active coaches" on his staff for the 2016 Olympic games. JB is on his staff.
I believe you must be an active coach to be on the staff for the Olympic games. Should JB retire before then, he would have to give up his position with Team USA.

My only hope is that he goes for three more years.

Because if he does, he has an outstanding shot at eclipsing 1000 wins, which is unprecedented. I know that Coach K is a little ahead of him, but still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom