So where is this board on the Meltdown scale? | Syracusefan.com

So where is this board on the Meltdown scale?

cpatrocks

Starter
On a scale of 1 to 10...with 6 being the highest.

I'd say we were about a 7. Just imagine if we lost.

funniestreactionever.gif

I'm not even sure why we are melting down. Nothing I've seen is a surprise. We're getting production from our older guys, and our younger guys aren't ready. That's pretty much par for the course.

Also, I'm not overreacting about last night because I watched Louisville/Clemson, Duke/Wake and those teams were just as garbage offensively, especially in the Louisville/Clemson game.

CBB as a whole is an awful product right now. Lots of Top 25 teams look just like us.

That being said, is this team serious with the way they miss bunnies? It's like we kind of got our 3 point shooting sorted out and now we can't make layups.

i dont think there is a board meltdown. this is the team we have this year. NIT likely, NCAAT possible. Just because the team is down though, doesnt mean people dont still wish for the best and watch every second of every game. Even those that set basketball back 100 years.

The only person I see melting down is CuseHulk because people aren't cheering like he thinks they should.

College basketball is a yuckfest. The only team that I've seen that passes the sniff test is Duke.

And if I were a Duke fan last night being a 15 point favorite and squeaking one out, wouldn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling either.

Okafor really struggled last night. He probably had his worst game, turned it over quite a bit. I would not be surprised if NC State beats them at home this weekend.

Its hard, especially right after the game, not to express in some way how ugly it was. Certainly in retrospect (a day later no beer in the system) its easier to see the overall picture and put it in context. There were some good things and some bad last night but we need production from guys not named Roc, Shakey or G.

Overall not really moving the meltdown meter much from what I see. Iommi is probably dead on at 3.

Last edited:
The only person I see melting down is CuseHulk because people aren't cheering like he thinks they should.

College basketball is a yuckfest. The only team that I've seen that passes the sniff test is Duke.

I forgot all about that guy because of the block feature. That said, I was one of his first targets and got zero support from anybody so I'm sort of ambivalent to this complaint.

i dont think there is a board meltdown. this is the team we have this year. NIT likely, NCAAT possible. Just because the team is down though, doesnt mean people dont still wish for the best and watch every second of every game. Even those that set basketball back 100 years.

Amen.

Team is limited this year.

Tough to swallow after being so spoiled for the last five years but the sooner one accepts it, the less upset one will be...

Can you imagine this year's team with last year's Rak? We might struggle to outscore the football team...

And, not to depress anybody, but can you imagine this year's Rak on last year's team (or the two prior ones for that matter)?

<sigh>

Last edited:
Amen.

Team is limited this year.

Tough to swallow after being so spoiled for the last five years but the sooner one accepts it, the less upset one will be...

Can you imagine this year's team with last year's Rak? We might struggle to outscore the football team...

And, not to depress anybody, but can you imagine this year's Rak on last year's team (or the two prior ones for that matter)?

<sigh>

Imagine if he got the ball passed to him, too. That would have been even better :).

No meltdown! People expressing their distress about the poor level of play, but I think 99.8% of us understand that this is not going to be our year. This board is not only about intellectual excitement but about SUPPORT.

On a side note, my bro is a Duke fan and had no idea we are as - um - challenged as we are. He was sweating his game last night, and surprised to hear from me that we may not make the Tourney. He thought I was joking!

I'm happy with every win we get. If we go on a 5 game winning streak right now before we play UNC, I'd be ecstatic. I just want to see improvement in our players. Let's win every game we can and make the tournament.

Roberson and Gbinije have improved over the course of the year. Christmas is a stud. Time for McCullough and Joseph to turn the corner.

Yesterday was exactly what you would have expected based off our kp ranking. We are an ok team. Gtech is worse than us. but not a huge amount worse, and they were at home. It was always gonna be a dog fight.

We are now 119th in offensive efficiency. Good lord.
The thing is, there's probably a decent chance we start 7-0 in the league and we all get really excited. Only for reality to set in. Pomeroy has us at 11-7 in the league; depending on the wins we could be in or out with that record I think.

Okafor really struggled last night. He probably had his worst game, turned it over quite a bit. I would not be surprised if NC State beats them at home this weekend.
Devin Thomas of Wake outplayed him I thought. He's going to give us a lot of trouble next Tuesday

This is not melting down. Seriously, what are people looking at? I don't get it.

just the overly dramatic sunshine and rainbows crowd

After last years finish to our season I cant meltdown anymore.

Great point. If you still have your sanity after watching what happened last year then this year should be a treat. I'm actually serious about it being a treat - every game is and will be an adventure... must see tv.

By now, we know what we have. Can we get better? Heck ya and I still think we will improve BUT not by a lot. Hopefully enough to squeeze out 11 ACC wins in conference and a decent showing in the ACC tourney.

Our deficiencies aren't an enigma like last year. I still don't know what the hell happened last year - nuff with that. With this year's team, it's much easier to comprehend. We're just a mediocre team compared to what we've had in the past. That being said, while I know it's only the early going of the ACC season, so far we don't have any What losses. I'm sure a couple are on their way, but for now, nothing there in that department which is nice. Win on Sunday and we're 3-0 in conference play... I'll take that gladly.

Yesterday was exactly what you would have expected based off our kp ranking. We are an ok team. Gtech is worse than us. but not a huge amount worse, and they were at home. It was always gonna be a dog fight.

We are now 119th in offensive efficiency. Good lord.
The thing is, there's probably a decent chance we start 7-0 in the league and we all get really excited. Only for reality to set in. Pomeroy has us at 11-7 in the league; depending on the wins we could be in or out with that record I think.
Palm had Georgia Tech in the tournament before we beat them and now moved us into his last 4 in and still only put Georgia Tech as his 2nd team out.

So I guess that win was really huge as I trust Palm's evaluations. I look at our schedule and see 5 more wins in a row possible, but with the thin margin for error we have I just see us dropping atleast one of these games and pulling atleast 1 home upset to balance it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom