So where was Broyld? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So where was Broyld?

I really think its best for him to go to another school, this staff messed up blowing his freshmen year rather then letting him redshirt. Don't see any place for him to play with this offense.
You are kidding I hope.
"This offense" was a reflection of what Nassib did best. The offense next year will be adjusted depending on which QB wins the starting job.

Because Nassib took nearly every snap over 3 years and proved remarkably durable, we tend to forget that most teams used 2 or 3 QBs over the course of a season. Most teams used more than 2 RBs -- we were lucky that our top two stayed healthy all season.

As for red-shirting Broyld, folks tend to forget he already had a PG year.

I really think its best for him to go to another school, this staff messed up blowing his freshmen year rather then letting him redshirt. Don't see any place for him to play with this offense.

Did you know that they weren't confident in what Smith and Gully would be able to do this year? Did you know that part of the offense that they scrapped was built around packages for him? The plan going into camp was to use him a lot more than ended up happening but it wasn't because they messed up.

Messed up? I predict in 4 years, we won't miss him a bit.
Not missing him of course would be a very good thing.If our recruiting and record improve accordingly we will be just fine.Going into the ACC next year will be tough but I think we surprise our fans and s few team inthat conference who w/are licking their chops in anticipation of being able to walk over the Orangemen.Ain't gonna happen!

If he can't figure out how to play RB ( as has been reported), he will NEVER be able to master playing QB.

Are you Kyle Fetterly? A Carrier Dome custodian? You must have seen practices to know that the staff messed up and there is no place for him in this offense.

This staff, at the highest level, was very confident that AB would contribute significantly this year. I doubt anyone on this board knows specifically what happened at practices/position meetings to change that perception.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just think we need to hold off on the AB should transfer talk until we know more.

I thought the idea was to play your best players. I'm not sure we were 100% positive who that was early on. Broyld was certainly a candidate to be in the mix due to his athleticism. He had some chances and looks. But as the offense evolved and gained an identity, it didn't include Broyld.

As productive as the O has been, I don't know how anyone can question the personnel used.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I thought the idea was to play your best players. I'm not sure we were 100% positive who that was early on. Broyld was certainly a candidate to be in the mix due to his athleticism. He had some chances and looks. But as the offense evolved and gained an identity, it didn't include Broyld.

As productive as the O has been, I don't know how anyone can question the personnel used.

Voice of reason; could not agree more with this.

Broyld's time will come...

According to Nolan Weidner, Broyld was having trouble with the mental side of playing running back and that's why he wasn't getting on the field. Sounds like they gave him a chance on Saturday and he blew it.

Doesn't bode well for him playing QB.
I have a problem with the mental side of Nolan Weidner's articles.

Did you know that they weren't confident in what Smith and Gully would be able to do this year? Did you know that part of the offense that they scrapped was built around packages for him? The plan going into camp was to use him a lot more than ended up happening but it wasn't because they messed up.
This is really interesting.

Because Syracuse fans need to bitch to feel alive.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

If he can't figure out how to play RB ( as has been reported), he will NEVER be able to master playing QB.

Because he was 6'4" and isn't a running back. That's why he couldn't figure it out, he doesn't have a RB's body, at all. Square peg in a round hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom