So which college coach or coaches gets the pink slip during or right after the season ends? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So which college coach or coaches gets the pink slip during or right after the season ends?

Curt Cignetti says hold my beer ;)
I haven't watched any of this game, but looks like they are doing well vs UCLA. I did watch some of the UCLA Hawaii game and UCLA didn't look great.

It's bad in The Swamp. Don't think he makes it to next week.
Agree Napier is my choice of first major coach to be canned.

The ACC is constantly causing FSU to make turrible decisions, resulting in their inability to be competitive.
On the bright side, Alford believes you can sue whenever you want and the opposition will simply roll over, See ACC lawsuit. With Norvell, he is merely stealing money necessary to compete at the highest levels, it's all his fault (and the ACC's). He will seek a buyout at $50K, paid out of increased revenues. If that fails, FSU will sue Norvell. (Sarcasm off)

There's some things about Kirk that drive me bonkers trust me, but I'm not sure there's many coaches who are going to have Iowa competing with Michigan and Ohio State.
I think overall he has done a decent job.Like you said being competitive in the big 10 can be difficult. Especially to get good recruits to come here.

I haven't watched any of this game, but looks like they are doing well vs UCLA. I did watch some of the UCLA Hawaii game and UCLA didn't look great.
UCLA is bad but I think Cignetti is already doing his thing. Dude is a great coach

There's some things about Kirk that drive me bonkers trust me, but I'm not sure there's many coaches who are going to have Iowa competing with Michigan and Ohio State.
I agree. Not a great recruiting state at all too. Look what happened to Nebraska when they fired Bo Pellini. Just like us, it took them over a decade and a handful of coaches to start to recover. If I were Iowa, I’d be careful what I wished for.

I agree. Not a great recruiting state at all too. Look what happened to Nebraska when they fired Bo Pellini. Just like us, it took them over a decade and a handful of coaches to start to recover. If I were Iowa, I’d be careful what I wished for.
Exactly. Iowa is a state of 3 million where you also have to compete with Iowa St. It would be fun to have a more dynamic offensive coach, but it'll be hard to find a better defensive coach than their DC Phil Parker. So I'm not sure the end result will be any different than it is right now - 7-9 wins with an occasionally great season

Florida board of trustees is meeting today. Napier is done!
Now reported not to be true ^^^^.
It’s not over, even though it is over.

The Lane Train’s next stop will be Gainesville. He will be the first, second and third choice. And I suspect he will ultimately take it.

But he is sort of busy with a Top 6-7 team right now.

Yeah you gotta love that opening press conference he had, especially about the 8:24 mark of the video below of his opening press conference. Dino should really be a politician with all the BS he says.

What a snake oil salesman pitch lol

Iowa should be like Indiana - a program that once in a great while has a good season, but is usually mediocre with 3 or 4 win seasons a lot more common than the really good ones. I doubt Kirk will be fired, more likely he gets convinced to take on some other role at Iowa - as an AD you’ve gotta be worried the next guy is only able to reach Indiana levels of success, and fans start pining for the good old days of Kirk and blame you for taking them away.

Even if they want a new coach, the AD is probably going to feel he needs to hedge a bit so he’s not at risk of getting canned. Kirk moving into a new role would be a good hedging strategy.

Last edited: