Connecticut 17 Buffalo 3
South Florida 52 UTEP 24
LSU 47 West Virginia 21

Clemson 35 Florida State 30
Georgia tech 35 North Carolina 28
Temple 38 Maryland 7
Boston College 45 Massachusetts 17
Duke 48 Tulane 27

The first group of scores was more important to me because wew ill be playing those teams, (although we'll be playing Tulane, too). But I no longer looked at the Big East scores as "us" and no longer felt that our reputation is tied to theirs. I've always been an "all boats rise with the tide" guy and rooted for conference emmbers not because I felt a senitmental attachment to them but felt it would help Syracuse if they won because it would help the conference. That's gone now, until we are actually playing the ACC, and even then there will be no sense desperation over the conference's BCS standing. When LSU scored a couple of late TDs to turn the West Virginia game into a rout, I really didn't feel anything. A couple of weeks ago, I would have been very frustrated. The second group isn't "us" yet but the first group no longer is. We are in limbo but going to a good place.

It's funny that you mention that... because that's exactly how I felt this week-end. Normally I root for the Big East teams to win for the "good of the conference"... this week I didn't care. I was rooting for Pittsburgh only because I hate Notre Dame and I root for everyone who plays against them!

I root for all Big East teams except UConn/Rutgers those schools recruit against us, and have a dislike for their internet fans. I would say we don't need to care about conference loyalty now that we are in the ACC. In the Big East we needed to make sure there was 1 school in compliance with BCS qualifications. So I would say root for the Big East while we are in it, but I never had a loyalty to all Big East schools.

I've never been "loyal" to any other Big East team... just to the conference.

I root for Syracuse.

I then root for whoever is playing against Notre Lame and Boston College.

After that, I am completely Machavellian. I don't care about the conference stuff anywhere near most others.

Well, I usually root for teams that you have to play which happens to include conference members. It looks better when beat a 5-2 West Virginia team than a 4-3 one. Same goes for losing to a team with a better record.

That said, I never root for UConn or Rutgers as they recruit in the same area's we do. Especially Rutgers ... we really need to get the NJ recruits back.

Edsall is going to LOVE to see Doug Marrone and Syracuse again. We will haunt him forever.

I'm rooting for the BE because I want the conference to survive and I want Rutgers and UConn and WVU to stay in the conference.

All I can say is that its a good thing the ACC is adding us & Pitt ... because it will increase the quality of the conference ... if Miami's, NC St's and Maryland's performances are any indication ... they need better squads :)

After seeing how vindictive the Big East is being toward SU and Pitt, I definitely don't consider the Big East to be us. I truly hope that all the football schools find a soft landing, but I have no affinity for the idiots in Providence and I wont lose sleep if our basketball overlords drop into irrelevance.

We've got to beat him first.

We will. He caught Marrone at the beginning of the rebuilding project. Next time we see him, Marrone will have his pieces in place.

At the moment I feel more like an independent.

and you know what -- I don't see that changing. I would root for the BE teams (minus uconn/ru), but can't honestly say i'll ever root for ACC teams. Going to the ACC I can careless how any of those teams do in fb/bball/lax. Now all I care is the Cuse.

I am rooting for most big east teams to win because if we beat them it helps us as long as we are still playing in the Big east but also starting to keep track of the ACC teams to see how we will compare to the ACC teams when we start playing them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom