So who hires Blackwell? | Syracusefan.com

So who hires Blackwell?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
In the event this team makes it to and/or wins the TBT championship, (I’m not trying to get ahead of myself) what colleges start sniffing at Blackwell? The last quarter of tonight was beautifully coached imo especially the last three or four possessions.

In the event this team makes it to and/or wins the TBT championship, (I’m not trying to get ahead of myself) what colleges start sniffing at Blackwell? The last quarter of tonight was beautifully coached imo especially the last three or four possessions.

None. Unless you're a NAIA school, you want to invest in someone who has a bit of a track record whether it be high school, AAU or college.

Blackwell has a HS record, coached Liverpool to the state champ this year. He also coached in Japans top pro league for a few years.

Didn't know about Japan.

With that said, based off of his high school record alone, it is still too soon IMO to offer anyone based off of that. If he can do this consistently for a few more years, you'd think the interest would be raised at least for an assistant level role.

Didn't know about Japan.

With that said, based off of his high school record alone, it is still too soon IMO to offer anyone based off of that. If he can do this consistently for a few more years, you'd think the interest would be raised at least for an assistant level role.
Didn't know about Japan.

We shall see, never can tell for these jobs, there are too many variables to determine who fills what openings.

Didn't know about Japan.

why his hs record alone? that's only part of his resume.

Didn't know about Japan.

If you were an ambitious AD at a small school or a school with a losing tradition and you gave him his first job and he knocked it out of the park, you would both be rich. And he will, NO DOUBT.

Blackwell has a HS record, coached Liverpool to the state champ this year. He also coached in Japans top pro league for a few years.
All of that. He's shown some serious coaching talent. He's cool under pressure and knows how to use personnel. I like the thread!@

The wins vs team foe last year and against fancy last night had some coaching brilliance to them. In my opinion im surprised he went unoffered, to the public eye, by a college

As an assistant, sure. But seems like a school would want to see how he recruits, or at least his plans for building a staff that can recruit, before hiring him for a head job.

that's a valid question.

I think he would take Devo as his No.1 AC. That would be a nice team and they are already very familiar with each other.

what does he do for a living here? I would think at his age he would start aggressively pursuing more lucrative offers.

If you were an ambitious AD at a small school or a school with a losing tradition and you gave him his first job and he knocked it out of the park, you would both be rich. And he will, NO DOUBT.
I could see a smaller school giving him a shot as a head coach. Bigger schools would bring him on as an asst.

I could see a smaller school giving him a shot as a head coach. Bigger schools would bring him on as an asst.
He's been a head coach for 5 different organizations now. I think he would find it hard to go back to being an assistant. Right now I think he would be a very good risk/reward hiring proposition for some team.

He's been a head coach for 5 different organizations now. I think he would find it hard to go back to being an assistant. Right now I think he would be a very good risk/reward hiring proposition for some team.
I agree, I just think if he wanted to go to a big-time program, he'd have to start as an Asst

Does he have any college coaching experience?

Does he have any college coaching experience?
He coached 2 pro teams in Japan, made the playoffs twice. Liverpool 3 years. won the state championship and Boeheim's Army, made it to the semi's last year. He also has been involved in AAU coaching and I would think between that and Liverpool, he must know a lot of high school coaches.