So who hires Blackwell? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So who hires Blackwell?

Great half time adjustments

They hit 20 threes man, he’s not a superhero

And before people say thats Blackwell’s fault for leaving open threes, its more hak being 36 and slow as well as jon and eric not closing out or attempting to. Plus its just one of those nights the opponents hit everything

And before people say thats Blackwell’s fault for leaving open threes, its more hak being 36 and slow as well as jon and eric not closing out or attempting to. Plus its just one of those nights the opponents hit everything

I think we needed a different personnel set out there. Unfortunately he only had 3 guards to work with, so the move to the three guard lineup was probably harder to decide to do than it should have been because it made it difficult to get any of the three a blow.

Waiting for MCW and Gbinije

All of that. He's shown some serious coaching talent. He's cool under pressure and knows how to use personnel. I like the thread!@
Maybe Gmac gets a head coaching gig and he slides in.

We will find out more about Blackwell's coaching acumen this year at Liverpool when his roster is down from previous years than we did from what is basically a really good adult league. The only thing I take from these games is that our loyalty seems to cost us when we invite guys who have to much tread off their tires. Guards win.

Waiting for MCW and Gbinije

MCW can't shoot -- not sure he would cure what ails.

What has REALLY surprised me the most from our last two squads is how poorly some fairly young forwards have played. I figured last year that this type of tournament was tailor made for a player like CJ Fair to excel, and he struggled. Ditto Kris Joseph this year -- he's playing international ball, is in his prime, etc. and he looked like his game has somehow regressed, which is the opposite of what you'd expect.

MCW can't shoot -- not sure he would cure what ails.

What has REALLY surprised me the most from our last two squads is how poorly some fairly young forwards have played. I figured last year that this type of tournament was tailor made for a player like CJ Fair to excel, and he struggled. Ditto Kris Joseph this year -- he's playing international ball, is in his prime, etc. and he looked like his game has somehow regressed, which is the opposite of what you'd expect.
Fair point but, as is now, no one besides Triche really defends the perimeter. Mcw’s length and defensive prowess may write off his ineptitude from 3

Fair point but, as is now, no one besides Triche really defends the perimeter. Mcw’s length and defensive prowess may write off his ineptitude from 3

Nope. D doesn't win these TBT games, O does.
We need another shooter.
Well, we need another maker - plenty of guys took shots, but only a few of them had them go in consistently.

Nope. D doesn't win these TBT games, O does.
We need another shooter.
Well, we need another maker - plenty of guys took shots, but only a few of them had them go in consistently.

Im not sure I completely buy that. You can’t give better shooting teams wide open college threes and expect to simply outshoot them. Until we have Rautins, G, or any better 3 point shooters we simply cannot compete against teams like that.

... Rautins...
He's the potential answer on both ends of the court.
Andy and Triche at the top of the zone would be suffocating.

The other great addition, of course, would be Rakeem Christmas...a post center who can score and more consistently hit free throws. The free throw issue contributed to keeping Arinze on the bench for much of the second half.

He coached 2 pro teams in Japan, made the playoffs twice. Liverpool 3 years. won the state championship and Boeheim's Army, made it to the semi's last year. He also has been involved in AAU coaching and I would think between that and Liverpool, he must know a lot of high school coaches.

Next step would be a LeMoyne-type job, or a college assistant on a P5 staff.