so who is everyone rootring for this Thursday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

so who is everyone rootring for this Thursday?

This is the first time I ever wanted to watch Rutgers play a team other than Syracuse University. Of course, I will be rooting for our new ACC friend.

I will not go so far as to say I will be watching. Still, prefer UL to win.

LVille win moves us up into a tie for BE championship in our final season. It's a no-brainer. Why would anyone NOT want that?[/quote]

It was a "trick" question: there really is only one answer.

LVille win moves us up into a tie for BE championship in our final season. It's a no-brainer. Why would anyone NOT want that?

Agree. If the roles were reversed and a Rutgers win would give SU a BE championship, I'd be rooting for them.

I think our only chances of getting into the Russell is by LVille losing As we'd have a better conference record than them. But we'd still be up against Cincy who needs to lose Saturday. That said, still can't root for Rutgers, especially to win the BE ... I am definitely rooting for the ugliest 3-0 game in the history of football.

I have a dream. A dream a 5th year senior QB with very similar physical attributes to our own Troy Nunes, comes in after a quarter of Teddy being ineffective due to his wrist/knee, and leads his hometown University of Louisville to a BCS bowl infront of the Scarlet home crowd.

Then I look forward to CARDS fans photoshopping that young man's extreme sunny disposition into various iconic photos over the next month.

It is just too good of a freaking story to not happen.

I can only pull for Rutgers if it somehow benefits the Orange. In this instance, Syracuse can gain no benefit by a Rutgers win, so I am forced to pull for anyone else, even VPI. I like Louisville much more than I like Snooki State Community College.

There are many reasons behind it, but there should be no answer other than 'Ville by anyone on this board. Biggest is that we share the BE crown if Ville wins. I don't need any more reason than that, I have many but don't need them. Go Cards.

Agreed--Louisville all the way. Both because it benefits us [to win a share of the conference title] and because I'd enjoy seeing the rutgirls fanbase's collective hopes for a BCS appearance dashed upon the rocks.
This +1000000

1. Rooting for the Ville when both were BE teams.
2. Rooting for the Ville after RU went to the B1G.
3. Rooting for the Ville after they joined the ACC.

BTW, I will be rooting the Ville next year when they play and if they meet in the future.

It's just so funny that the game that will decide the Big East Champion will be played between a team in the ACC and a team in the B1G.