So who's 1st team All BE? | Syracusefan.com

So who's 1st team All BE?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any snubs using your list

Good list. I might substitute Kilpatrick for Napier but that's about it.

I assume Bryce Cotton will receive plenty of attention because he is over 20 points per. But your team above sounds about correct.

I'll go with

Porter (POY)
Fair
Cooley
Dieng
Napier
Smith
The only name I would throw out there is Bryce Cotton from Providence. He is averaging 20 pts a game and the team is 8-8 in conference. Not sure he is more deserving than anyone on your list but his stats are much better than our own CJ Fair.

I assume Bryce Cotton will receive plenty of attention because he is over 20 points per. But your team above sounds about correct.
you beat me by a nano second.

How is the team formatted? Is it 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center or is it just top 5 players or something? And wasnt there 6 players last year or something like that?

I don't really pay that much attention to how it's decided year in and year out, but if it's based on overall stats for the year and not just big east play, I feel like MCW will make it ahead of CJ.

None of our guys deserve first team honors this year. Closest is CJ, but the Providence kid has been a much bigger impact player for his team. MCW has been so disappointing to me that I just don't talk about him. If you can't say something good about someone...you know the rest.

Pet peeves of mine that bother me way more than they should...

-When more than 5 players make the All-Big East team. There should be 5 players each on the first team, second team and third team - period.
-Co-players of the year.

Doesn't the Big East put 10 players on the first team?

Long gone are the days of Kittles, Allen, Wallace, Iverson and whoever the fifth guy was in 1996.

Doesn't the Big East put 10 players on the first team?

Long gone are the days of Kittles, Allen, Wallace, Iverson and whoever the fifth guy was in 1996.

How dare you disrespect Danya Abrams! (I can't believe I remembered that)

I'll go with

Porter (POY)
Fair
Cooley
Dieng
Napier
Smith
I said in the CJ appreciation thread that my choices were

Porter POY (by a mile, it should be unanimous).
Napier
Cooley
Fair
Dieng
Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick and Russ Smith are closely matched, I am going with Fitzpatrick because I think he was slightly more valuable to UC, won a bunch of games for them.

Cotton might be my next choice. He scores a lot of points like someone from PC always seems to do, but a lot of it is due to their awful defense, which leads to high scoring games. PC games are close to the equivalent of playing baseball games in the early days of Coors Stadium in Denver. He has had a really good year and would be a lock for my 2nd team all conference, but he doesn't play a lick of defense and doesn't do a lot more than score points. Players like Fitzpatrick and Smith bring a lot more to the table, IMHO.

2nd team all conference off the top of my head:

Russ Smith
Bryce Cotton
Jerian Grant
MCW
Brandon Young

Rookie of the Year has to be JaKarr Sampson

Coach of the Year reluctantly goes to JT III

Defensive Player of the Year goes to Gorgui Dieng.

How dare you disrespect Danya Abrams! (I can't believe I remembered that)

I knew he was the 97 player of the year, just couldn't remember if he was on that 96 team.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think you're on the mark. Bryce Cotton could be the only "snub". Unbelievably down year for BE basketball. Not a lot of stars in the league.

6th Man has to be Dirty, right? He should be in the running for national 6th Man, too.

I feel like CJ will be either the last selection to the 1st Team, or the top vote getter on the 2nd Team.

6th Man has to be Dirty, right? He should be in the running for national 6th Man, too.

I feel like CJ will be either the last selection to the 1st Team, or the top vote getter on the 2nd Team.

Doubt Dirty gets it just because of the suspension.

Doesn't the Big East put 10 players on the first team?.
they haven't done a 10 player team in several years, it has pretty consistently been 6 - a POY and then a 5 man first team

How is the team formatted? Is it 2 guards, 2 forwards and a center or is it just top 5 players or something? And wasnt there 6 players last year or something like that?

I don't really pay that much attention to how it's decided year in and year out, but if it's based on overall stats for the year and not just big east play, I feel like MCW will make it ahead of CJ.

they just take the six "best" players, "best" tending to be defined by overall statistical output. A couple of years ago, the entire 6 man team was made up of guards.

I think the BE is (statistically) guard heavy this year . . . it wouldn't surprise me to see Porter and 5 guards, or maybe Porter + Cooley and 4 guards. Dieng will get DPOY and 2nd team, like Ricky Jackson two years ago.

I think Cuse fans should be prepared to see no Orange on the first team.

they haven't done a 10 player team in several years, it has pretty consistently been 6 - a POY and then a 5 man first team

they just take the six "best" players, "best" tending to be defined by overall statistical output. A couple of years ago, the entire 6 man team was made up of guards.

I think the BE is (statistically) guard heavy this year . . . it wouldn't surprise me to see Porter and 5 guards, or maybe Porter + Cooley and 4 guards. Dieng will get DPOY and 2nd team, like Ricky Jackson two years ago.

I think Cuse fans should be prepared to see no Orange on the first team.

If it's based on statistical output, you don't think MCW has a chance at first team? Leading the conference in APG by a wide margin, leading in steals, #2 in rebounds for a guard, and still putting up over 12 points a game as well for one of the top teams in the conference? I feel like people here aren't putting him in the discussion because he hasn't lived up to their expectations, but he's still been far and away the best PG in the conference from a statistical standpoint IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom