So Who's Covering Up What? | Syracusefan.com

So Who's Covering Up What?

http://www.nationoforange.com/content/so-who-s-covering-up-what-105/

Fitzpatrick accusing the SPD of covering something up, Roach accusing the DA's office of covering something up, Davis accusing the detective he spoke to of covering something up, this is just crazy!

As I said in another post, it's my guess that Stephanie Miner is providing cover for the SPD, because they didn't have any records of when Davis came to them in 2003, or else they had partial records and were trying to get their stuff all organized before they had to turn it over to the D.A. Notice Miner's comments about "not letting out the information piecemeal." I don't think it's any more sinister than that - who has records from 8 years ago when no formal investigation ensued?

But on the website you may want to edit "Bernie Find".....

As I said in another post, it's my guess that Stephanie Miner is providing cover for the SPD, because they didn't have any records of when Davis came to them in 2003, or else they had partial records and were trying to get their stuff all organized before they had to turn it over to the D.A. Notice Miner's comments about "not letting out the information piecemeal." I don't think it's any more sinister than that - who has records from 8 years ago when no formal investigation ensued?
That's my thought process as well. But Fitzpatrick is certainly trying to suggest there's more to it. It's just crazy how weird this has gotten so fast.

This is getting silly. If there were a big coverup, you wouldn't just basically hang up on people. You'd drag them along and feed them BS sympathy so that they wouldn't go to other sources. Unless you're just dumb.

Do you really think you should be perpetuating a misguided notion on your blog that anything has been "covered up" with regard to this thing? In light of the PSU mess, we don't need rumors like that out there gaining steam.

The DA first of all is an ass for saying what he did about the police covering up anything. But what he meant was they were covering up for their incompetence, not covering up for Fine's P e d o p h I l I ain order to protect SU basketball. That's what the public will assume.

We don't need to fan those flames.

BTW, when did Davis accuse the detective of covering something up?

The whole phone call scenario is just bizarre. Who calls in molestation claims by saying "I think you know who im talking about". This isnt a game of charades, just say the name of the person youre accusing. I hope Davis/Lang/Roach keep giving interviews, the more they talk, the less credible they seem.

The whole phone call scenario is just bizarre. Who calls in molestation claims by saying "I think you know who im talking about". This isnt a game of charades, just say the name of the person youre accusing. I hope Davis/Lang/Roach keep giving interviews, the more they talk, the less credible they seem.

Seriously. It makes it seem like Syracuse is full of Barney Fife's. Let's say for a minute that everything is true, then the victim and the victim's friend did a horrific job in trying to get their story out. Right now it's a joke.

Seriously. It makes it seem like Syracuse is full of Barney Fife's. Let's say for a minute that everything is true, then the victim and the victim's friend did a horrific job in trying to get their story out. Right now it's a joke.

Is it just me or does the Danielle Roach aspect to this make it even more sketchy. It seems like Davis isnt the driving force behind this, it is her. She pushed him to go forward with the claims in 2002, when that didnt work, she then called up the police to follow up. Then she joined a Rape Crisis Center because "if she couldnt help him, she could help others" but then left because it weighed to heavily on her? Then after the PSU story breaks, she, not Davis, calls the police to warn them about Bernie Fine. It seems like shes got her own personal crusade going with Bobby Davis as her catalyst. Could she may be a little too obsessed with this?

Is it just me or does the Danielle Roach aspect to this make it even more sketchy. It seems like Davis isnt the driving force behind this, it is her. She pushed him to go forward with the claims in 2002, when that didnt work, she then called up the police to follow up. Then she joined a Rape Crisis Center because "if she couldnt help him, she could help others" but then left because it weighed to heavily on her? Then after the PSU story breaks, she, not Davis, calls the police to warn them about Bernie Fine. It seems like shes got her own personal crusade going with Bobby Davis as her catalyst. Could she may be a little too obsessed with this?

Maybe this makes me a jerk but I chuckled a bit when she said Davis isnt watching any news, hes watching alot of cartoons. Why doesnt that suprise me lol.
I am all about friends helping friends. I understand how if she is an independent voice that she could help "steer" him in the right direction. But I don't know, because I don't understand the rape crisis center either. Why was she affected so much by this?

As others have pointed out, it appears that Davis/Lang/Roach have not ever given formal testimony to any official investigating entity. A skilled investigator will be able to ask the right questions to pin point what happened and when it happened and look for inconsistencies in testimony (if they exist) from each individual and among the 3. This is going to take some time to sort out.

Maybe this makes me a jerk but I chuckled a bit when she said Davis isnt watching any news, hes watching alot of cartoons. Why doesnt that suprise me lol.

Well if it's a crusade its apparently an altruistic one. I don't know a crusade against trying to protect underage boys from getting potentially molested, that's a good crusade in my book. It's getting ridiculous here, I feel like I'm reading Penn states board.

Well if it's a crusade its apparently an altruistic one. I don't know a crusade against trying to protect underage boys from getting potentially molested, that's a good crusade in my book. It's getting ridiculous here, I feel like I'm reading Penn states board.
Yea, I forgot, Bernie Fine has that grand jury indictment looming with multiple, multiple victims and witness testimony. Joining a Rape Crisis Center is a great and noble cause, I just see someone who is pushing a sketchy story and trying to potentially connect dots. Not saying shes doing a bad thing, it just seems like this has really affected her and that is somewhat strange to me.

Agreed. So much hate being spewed at the accusers without enough information.

Agree completely. It is getting ridiculous and disgusting. God forbid this turns out to be true, some people on this board will (or at least should) have a difficult time looking themselves in the mirror because of things they typed.

How about the hate being spewed at Bernie Fine without enough information? Maybe not on this forum, but look around and you'll find it.

A crusade against P e d o p h I l I ais a noble thing. A crusade against one guy who may well be innocent? Time will tell if that is a good cause or not. Right now we lack the information to call Roach's crusade good or bad.

How about the hate being spewed at Bernie Fine without enough information? Maybe not on this forum, but look around and you'll find it.

A crusade against P e d o p h I l I ais a noble thing. A crusade against one guy who may well be innocent? Time will tell if that is a good cause or not. Right now we lack the information to call Roach's crusade good or bad.

Agreed. If these accusations are false, Davis and Roach have done something unconscionable - they've ruined someone's life and reputation. It's too early to attack anybody.

Do you really think you should be perpetuating a misguided notion on your blog that anything has been "covered up" with regard to this thing? In light of the PSU mess, we don't need rumors like that out there gaining steam.

The DA first of all is an ass for saying what he did about the police covering up anything. But what he meant was they were covering up for their incompetence, not covering up for Fine's P e d o p h I l I ain order to protect SU basketball. That's what the public will assume.

We don't need to fan those flames.

BTW, when did Davis accuse the detective of covering something up?
I'm not suggesting anything was covering up. Merely stating what is out there. Nothing I wrote is opinion that there actually is a cover-up. Just that someone is not telling the truth (either Roach that she called the DA's office, or the DA's office that she never did, etc). And that everyone is pointing the finger at everyone else. It was more of a way to look at this comically to where this is now. That there are different people suggesting a cover-up in different ways. I've counted 4 different cover-ups pointed out by different people. Not saying they are cover-ups or not. I think it makes everyone involved (DA, SPD, Roach, etc) look worse by everyone claiming everyone else is covering something up.

I think we can all agree spewing hate at either side (Fine's or the accusers) is premature and uncalled for at this point.

"Look kids! Big Ben! Parliament! Again..." -Clarke Griswold

The blame seems to go around and around.
Exactly! Love that quote by the way. But yes that was my exact point. It's like a soap opera where it's everyone's fault for doing something to everyone else.