Some Bowl Ratings | Syracusefan.com

Some Bowl Ratings

ACC should replace BE when contrast expires.

Over a million more than Rutgers bowl. bwahahahaahahahahaha

Nice. I wonder if this might make an out of conference series with the Mountaineers more likely? It would be funny if a major rivalry develops between the programs only after both schools leave the Big East conference...

Except it'll be harder for us to see it as much of a rivalry if we keep kicking their @sses. Like playing around with a little brother, big rivalry for them but ho-hum for us :D

Hopefully with a B1g vs ACC contract starting in '14 it can start to receive the best 3:30pm slot pre-Jan 1st. I see the days numbered for the B12 and NNNNNBE (lost count not sure what iteration the BE is on) game.

Hopefully with a B1g vs ACC contract starting in '14 it can start to receive the best 3:30pm slot pre-Jan 1st. I see the days numbered for the B12 and NNNNNBE (lost count not sure what iteration the BE is on) game.

Really? I haven't heard anyone concerned about the Big 12. All I ever hear is the obvious concern for the Big East, as well as the ACC. People worry most about FSU & Clemson leaving for greener pastures.

Really? I haven't heard anyone concerned about the Big 12. All I ever hear is the obvious concern for the Big East, as well as the ACC. People worry most about FSU & Clemson leaving for greener pastures.

Well if the Pac 12 ever expands again where do you think they're going to look?

I think you're going to see the game become ACC vs Big 10

Yep.

SU, BC, Rutgers, PSU are your core "host" schools. Gives you a lot of flexibility and you can always have the occasional grudge match with SU vs PSU or Rutgers if those stars line up.

I think this would be a great post about 6 to 9 months ago.

Now no one cares about the Big East, it's already dead. If there was a greener pasture for FSU and Clemson, they'd be there. But there isn't. SEC doesn't want them. They know going to the Big 12 is a terrible idea. Out of their region and it's a league that 4 schools escaped as quickly as they could. So where are they going to go?

Nothing official but figure this for the teams that can get to NYC in decent numbers.

Big East: UConn, Cincy (a stretch), ECU (a stretch)
Big 12: Couch Burners
ACC: Syracuse, BC, Pitt, UVA, VT
B1G: Rutgirls, PSU, Maryland, tOSU, UM

Commonsense sez more local tri-state alumni from ACC and B1G schools too.

All the talk I've seen lately centers on the Big 10 inviting two of UNC, UVA or GTech within the next calendar year.

I think this would be a great post about 6 to 9 months ago.

Now no one cares about the Big East, it's already dead. If there was a greener pasture for FSU and Clemson, they'd be there. But there isn't. SEC doesn't want them. They know going to the Big 12 is a terrible idea. Out of their region and it's a league that 4 schools escaped as quickly as they could. So where are they going to go?

I still think SEC is an option for Clemson. I don't know why. Call it a hunch I guess...

Interesting tweet I just came across, especially considering it was a New Year's Eve game, which was a subject discussed here recently.

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
Best bowl of season. RT @TigerPreGame: Clemson/LSU game drew 8.6 million viewers Monday. Most-watched non-BCS bowl ever on ESPN.

I still think SEC is an option for Clemson. I don't know why. Call it a hunch I guess...

Are they kicking out the Gamecocks? SEC taking Clemson would go against every single trend that has led to all the latest round of expansion. Especially as the SEC gears up to launch their cable network.

Are they kicking out the Gamecocks? SEC taking Clemson would go against every single trend that has led to all the latest round of expansion. Especially as the SEC gears up to launch their cable network.
Agreed hate to say it but adding a OK, NC and VA teams more likely. Adding UT-Austin would be the exception to the the rule. I still think the ACC is safe.

Look at Rizzoli and Isles kickin ass and takin names!

Thanks for posting this. If it's all about tv viewership, I was wondering why would I want a Thursday or Friday night game, when I can have a Saturday afternoon game? Granted, the fact that it was a good matchup helped exponentially.

Congratulations to Rutgers for scoring 80,000 more viewers than a Thursday morning episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

Congratulations to Rutgers for scoring 80,000 more viewers than a Thursday morning episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

Most Important: Advertisers will love they (Rutgers) drew the same demographics as Spongebob Squarepants, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom