Some crazy games in college hoops today | Syracusefan.com

Some crazy games in college hoops today

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
1) #5 MSU had to come back at home to beat Minnesota in OT today. A Minny win would have looked real good.
2) #9 Iowa State lost on the road to Oklahoma
3) #10 Florida had to come back to beat a poor Arkansas team on the road in OT
4) #11 Oklahoma State had to come back on the road to beat a poor WVU team by one.
5) #16 Duke lost to a poor Clemson team on the road today.

Also our next two opponents:
BC won by three on the road vs VaTech
Pitt won by 15 at home vs Wake

Other than the MSU result, I think those other games were not that unusual.

Some of those teams are only decent, but I think poor is inaccurate. Put these level of teams at home (KP 40 to 50), and they are going to have a decent chance of winning against anybody... especially this year when many top teams are not that really dominant. I expectthese type results to be fairly normal during road games in conference season. These teams were not big dogs.

Arkansas KP #43, closed as a 2 point dog
Oklahoma KP #47, closed as 3.5 point dog
Clemson KP #40, closed as a 4 point dog (and even then I was surprised it was not less)
West Viriginia KP #41, closed as a 5 point dog.

I find that many of these type of "upsets" happen in January, because the ranked teams that are coming into town, are often yet to be tested on the roads and fans are waiting for them.

One of these years I am going to take all the ranked teams going on the road in January as a fav, and bet for the home team in every game.

Butler in another home overtime game.

Butler v Gtown, any way both can lose?

I also saw Nova won by 7 against St. John's, but I think they were tested most of the way.

Anyway, I think the OP's post is a reminder that the best games to watch during the season are when a ranked team goes on the road, IMO.

Other than the MSU result, I think those other games were not that unusual.

Some of those teams are only decent, but I think poor is inaccurate. Put these level of teams at home (KP 40 to 50), and they are going to have a decent chance of winning against anybody... especially this year when many top teams are not that really dominant. I expect these type results to be fairly normal during road games in conference season. These teams were not big dogs.

Arkansas KP #43, closed as a 2 point dog
Oklahoma KP #47, closed as 3.5 point dog
Clemson KP #40, closed as a 4 point dog (and even then I was surprised it was not less)
West Viriginia KP #41, closed as a 5 point dog.

Well "poor" is subjective. All of those teams were underdogs and I don't think any of those teams are making the NCAA's.
But it does go to show, as you note, that playing on the road is no joke.
How about #16 Wichita State losing by 18 at halftime on the road to Missouri State

Also, just as an added note, I think Florida might have been shorthanded as well.

I think they are all tracking as "bubble teams" but yes I agree with you subjective view. Its one of the advantages that major conference bubble teams get vs mid-major. Major conference schools have top 10 schools that come into play them on the road -- and they have a decent chance of pulling off an upset, and having that big time "Resume" win. Mid-majors that are the same level, simply dont get that chance for a quality win.

Yep, just saw that score with Wichita, And that is crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom