some links on the economics of convention centers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

some links on the economics of convention centers

my solution is to stop spending other people's money on every bullsh!t thing special interests can think up

you will enjoy florida's work, google him

That response is not good enough to make anyone think you've actually thought about the issues facing a city like Syracuse well enough to have a valid opinion on what a stadium might mean, negative or positive. Take your opinions to their long-term conclusions and you'll see where they break down from the perspective of someone representing their local constituents in the city of Syracuse. In your end game, Syracuse = Detroit and there is no city of Syracuse 100 years from now.

That response is not good enough to make anyone think you've actually thought about the issues facing a city like Syracuse well enough to have a valid opinion on what a stadium might mean, negative or positive. Take your opinions to their long-term conclusions and you'll see where they break down from the perspective of someone representing their local constituents in the city of Syracuse. In your end game, Syracuse = Detroit and there is no city of Syracuse 100 years from now.
when you frame a reduction in government spending as not doing anything and assume that everything you don't like in the world requires more spending (aka doing something), that leaves the only solution as more spending. i don't like that game so i just point out how dumb your rules are.

bankrupt detroit is spending hundreds of millions of people's money on a red wings arena after spending hundreds of millions of other people's money on the tigers stadium. why in the world would you bring up detroit?

So you must be a big proponent of can and trade then.
dumb conclusion. to the extent that carbon has negative externalities, a carbon tax a is much better way to deal with it.

when you frame a reduction in government spending as not doing anything and assume that everything you don't like in the world requires more spending (aka doing something), that leaves the only solution as more spending. i don't like that game so i just point out how dumb your rules are.

bankrupt detroit is spending hundreds of millions of people's money on a red wings arena after spending hundreds of millions of other people's money on the tigers stadium. why in the world would you bring up detroit?

You are putting a lot of words into my mouth there. I think there are plenty of areas that could see spending cuts. It's how you prioritize the money that you have and its about having a coherent set of policies that match a long term vision of what you want for your city/state/country/company/life whatever.

dumb conclusion. to the extent that carbon has negative externalities, a carbon tax a is much better way to deal with it.

Good to know that you believe in the existence of externalities - you should apply that same line of thinking to the prospect of public investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom