Some love from Matt Park | Syracusefan.com

Some love from Matt Park

SWC75

Bored Historian
On his "In the Booth" show he mentioned that Syracuse.com is getting rid of it's 'comments', (he didn't say 'forum'), and that he wouldn't miss it due to so many bad takes and bad grammar.

He cited Syracusefan.com as a contrast to it, saying that he's friends with some of the posters here, (including me) and that the posting here is much more impressive than Syracuse.com.

Such a conclusion would, of course, be obvious but it was nice of Matt to say it.

Maybe we will get some new board members from this. Good ones, good ones!
Several years ago I used to post at the now defunct River Ave Blues, a Yankees blog. A few years before RAB closed down, LoHud (a NY Newspaper with an online forum) shuttered their comments and directed everyone to RAB - it was a disaster and everything went to hell as the clowns from LoHud overwhelmed the existing members.

Do the Syracuse.com forums still exist? I used to troll so hard back in the day.

The comment section is being eliminated from articles Syracuse.com writes. We got many of their wackos when their forums died a few years ago. Hopefully we get good ones who never knew we existed here.

Several years ago I used to post at the now defunct River Ave Blues, a Yankees blog. A few years before RAB closed down, LoHud (a NY Newspaper with an online forum) shuttered their comments and directed everyone to RAB - it was a disaster and everything went to hell as the clowns from LoHud overwhelmed the existing members.

they must have had poor mods and admins.

The comment section is being eliminated from articles Syracuse.com writes. We got many of their wackos when their forums died a few years ago. Hopefully we get good ones who never knew we existed here.
I was posting on Syracuse.com back in 2003 and our own Shenexon saw my posts and highly recommended I come on this board instead. I have never looked back!

I was posting on Syracuse.com back in 2003 and our own Shenexon saw my posts and highly recommended I come on this board instead. I have never looked back!
You're forgiven.

This time. ;)

They should institute mandatory 6 month waiting period before being allowed to post.

That should allow them to lose interest and move elsewhere.

I got my first computer for Christmas 1998, discovered Syracuse.com, (which is where the originators of this forum were posting at the time) before the end of that basketball season but never posted until the following September. My first post was how I hoped we could become part of the Big ten, which was a bad idea but i survived the onslaught and am now finishing my 21st SU season, (FB + BB), of posting .

"What was your first ever post about?" might make an interesting thread.

I got my first computer for Christmas 1998, discovered Syracuse.com, (which is where the originators of this forum were posting at the time) before the end of that basketball season but never posted until the following September. My first post was how I hoped we could become part of the Big ten, which was a bad idea but i survived the onslaught and am now finishing my 21st SU season, (FB + BB), of posting .

"What was your first ever post about?" might make an interesting thread.
DO IT.

On his "In the Booth" show he mentioned that Syracuse.com is getting rid of it's 'comments', (he didn't say 'forum'), and that he wouldn't miss it due to so many bad takes and bad grammar.

He cited Syracusefan.com as a contrast to it, saying that he's friends with some of the posters here, (including me) and that the posting here is much more impressive than Syracuse.com.

Such a conclusion would, of course, be obvious but it was nice of Matt to say it.

I’ve been posting since before the 2000-2001 season, which I only know because I remember complaining about a feature that highlighted the score of the last game on the basketball forum landing page. It was a fine feature until the last game got “stuck” on a 29 point NCAaT loss to Kansas. I guess I was posting my drivel for some amount of time prior to that.

I would love for somebody to post the Board’s history and different iterations since inception as well as the timeline associated with those iterations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom