Some love from Matt Park | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Some love from Matt Park

This is not a Syracuse.com thing, but a broader decision by its owner, Advanced Publications, Inc. As a Cleveland fan, I frequent Cleveland.com as often as Syracuse and today Cleveland.com announced the same message to its customers, elimination of viewer comments. They are owned by the same entity, and their website design is identical in nature.

No idea, but more likely than not it involved defending Scoop Jardine's play in response to some mouth-breather's hot take.

I think my first post was complaining that some jerk was changing it from post view to topic view! What an outrage!!!!

Okay, that wasn't it, but I do remember those arguments...what range of years would that fall in???? Anyone?

Thanks to the hard-working administrators of this forum who have given us a civil place to exchange views without limiting what we say, even if there must be rules about how we say it.
...and the mods give us a little more leash during the games, while keeping us all in check. Good group of mods keeps us a good group of fans.

I’ve been posting since before the 2000-2001 season, which I only know because I remember complaining about a feature that highlighted the score of the last game on the basketball forum landing page. It was a fine feature until the last game got “stuck” on a 29 point NCAaT loss to Kansas. I guess I was posting my drivel for some amount of time prior to that.

I would love for somebody to post the Board’s history and different iterations since inception as well as the timeline associated with those iterations.

There have been several threads over the year on the history of the board, where did you get your handle, etc.
There should be an archive of "classic treads" where those things could be easily accessed, even if you don't remember the exact title.

No idea, but more likely than not it involved defending Scoop Jardine's play in response to some mouth-breather's hot take.
Can’t believe you and I got past that.

I think my first post was complaining that some jerk was changing it from post view to topic view! What an outrage!!!!

Okay, that wasn't it, but I do remember those arguments...what range of years would that fall in???? Anyone?

I remember that debate. I liked seeing the replies, each one with a title. I wanted every one to use a different title so i could determine which posts seemed worth reading. it was like looking at the contents page of a book vs. reading the whole book. But we switched and we got used to it and i don't even think about it any more.

One thing I don't miss is posts that just had a title and then a "nm", meaning "no message".

I remember that debate. I liked seeing the replies, each one with a title. I wanted every one to use a different title so i could determine which posts seemed worth reading. it was like looking at the contents page of a book vs. reading the whole book. But we switched and we got used to it and i don't even think about it any more.

One thing I don't miss is posts that just had a title and then a "nm", meaning "no message".

I forgot about that! All the "nm" posts

I know, I can't even remember exactly how that way worked any more...but I do remember what it looked like! And all the "nm" posts

And all this time I though that the argument was that the moderators should add "NM" to more people's posts titles whether they actually had typing in them or not.

Matt Park knowing his job is to deal mano a mano with boeheim every week has to toe the fine line between being overly obsequious and being a pseudo journalist. he's never gonna come down too heavy on JB.

Matt Park knowing his job is to deal mano a mano with boeheim every week has to toe the fine line between being overly obsequious and being a pseudo journalist. he's never gonna come down too heavy on JB.
Given that Matt is an employee and alum of the university, I think he does a very good job of covering its sports teams in a journalistic manner.

Last edited:

Not that that's what the thread is about.

Not that that's what the thread is about.
not sure where in the title i mistakenly got the impression this thread was something about matt park.

(who i enjoy BTW)

Reactions: cto
not sure where in the title i mistakenly got the impression this thread was something about matt park.

(who i enjoy BTW)
I was hoping to find out if he does play by play during...you know. And, if Jim Stalin is there to provide color commentary.

Come over to the off topic forum if you rookies can find it. We'll take real good care of you over there.
She already runs that place.

(who i enjoy BTW)

It's not about whether Matt was "heavy on JB". He was discussing internet forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom