Some Michigan game observations... | Syracusefan.com

Some Michigan game observations...

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
Not going to get into X's and O's, I will let the likes of General do that. However, I had a few observations from the game last night:

The ghost of Baye Keita:

Not sure if it is because all of our forwards are so slight in build, but boy did SU fumble a bunch of rebounds last night. Numerous times our guys had the ball knocked out of their hands underneath. They also bobbled the ball out of bounds a ton.

BOOM-SHAKA-laka
Does this team know how to dunk the ball? Are they afraid that they may damage the rim? So many times, I feel like they could have had an easy two on a dunk, but instead they tried to finesse it in. Go hard to the rim. At worst, get fouled.

Senior thesis
This is the culmination of Rak's career at SU. And man is he making the most of it so far. I still think that he had this in him since sophomore year. Unfortunately I don't think he was ever put in a position to shine due to JB's short leash and the teams' lack of post-passing over the past few years.

kaleb GOseph
Despite the turnovers last night, I was left feeling very encouraged about the future prospects of Kaleb Joseph. He showed that he can hit some shots from the outside. He also showed that he can push it and drive into the lane. Even better, he might be here more than 2 years so we can actually watch him grow and mature as a player! I think we will all point back to this game when he is at the end of his sophomore or junior season as a measuring stick as to how far he has improved.

I still can't put my finger on it
Roberson looks completely shell-shocked out there. You ever been part of a group that had to give a public speaking project, and there was that 1 guy/gal who had a deep fear of public speaking? The look on their face is the same look that Roberson seems to have during the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom