Some of you guys need to calm down. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

Posters were told to calm down two months ago when commits weren't happening: "relax we're involved with a lot of high end talent!!"

And at the end of the day, involved and $3 will get you a large coffee at Dunkin'

Watching Green & Richards with Hami at UK next season is going to be tough.

This all but guarantees Battle declares for the draft even if he's a 2nd rounder.
It does no such thing.

I see people in here agreeing, yet still acting salty. So I'll reiterate to this specific thing. Dude changed his mind. Yeah he was hard in on us for two years but again, teenagers can change their minds just like that. And he did.

You want to get mad? Get mad at the coaching staff that put all of their figurative eggs in the Green basket and had the hubris to think there was no way he could flip. That's worth getting mad over. Quitting on Duval and developing no relationships to fall back on is what's worth getting mad over. And I'd say that's most of the reason why you guys are mad, because we have no backup plan. You're just taking it out on Green because he's an easy scapegoat and it's a roundabout way of being mad at the program without actually talking badly of the coaches or recruiting plan.
Agreed. The coaches are the (highly) paid adults in this situation. They should have recognized Green's lack of character before this happened and it's ultimately on them for putting their eggs in such a fragile basket.

Agreed. The coaches are the (highly) paid adults in this situation. They should have recognized Green's lack of character before this happened and it's ultimately on them for putting their eggs in such a fragile basket.
egg-money-basket-300x245.gif

For the life of me I don't understand why they did this when QG kept dragging this along. Not that we are on par as far as recruiting, but look how PayPal went into action immediately when Trae Young looked to be getting iffy.

Lack of character? That's funny. Did the coaches have lack of character when they found out Kaleb Joesph didn't meet standards and they shipped him on the first train smoking out of here? Or did the coaches have lack of character when they push BJ Johnson out of here? Did the coaches have lack of character when they told the news that Paul Harris was not coming back and he is entering the draft? Paul Harris never even had intentions on leaving when he did, they pushed him out. These coaches care about winning and how you can help them accomplish that. If you can't do that then on to the next kid who can. Don't be mad because the coaches are on the bottom end of the hot iron this time.

So you're just mad because he did to the staff the same thing that the staff does to kids all the time. I guess that make sense. Why don't you take a long look at the kids they pushed out of here over all the years because they didn't live up to their standards. It happens all over the country. Who cares if Quade strung the staff along. Basketball coaches string recruits along every day. Stop it and go find something better to do than talk bad about an 18 year old kid.

I guess I miss your profound logic. It is OK for a 18 year old kid to "string the staff along" but not OK for SU fans (who cares if Quade strung the staff along) to be upset with that behavior? An 18 year old "kid" can vote, serve his military in life and death situations, can be a legally emancipated adult in every state in the nation, is of legal age to be a parent in every state in the nation. Being 18 doesn't excuse anyone from ethical behavior, he is an adult. Your argument of suggesting everyone does it so he is exempt from criticism is BS. His decision stings and the way he went about it sucks.

You want to know why it took so long. Because it was a very tough and very important decision for him. Before any kid chooses a college all they hear is " be cautious now this is a big decision that will have a big effect on the rest of your life". And those are just kids going to college for a "real" career. In his case his decision could make a HUGE difference. I'm talking millions of dollars of a difference. It could also result in him leaving college without a degree and ending up undrafted. Clearly, he liked his chances of making it to the league more at kentucky. I disagree with theat, but I can understand the thinking. He deserved to take as much time as he wanted. It's selfish for us to think that winning a championship for us should be more important to him than whether or not he has a job in the next few years.

Lack of character? That's funny. Did the coaches have lack of character when they found out Kaleb Joesph didn't meet standards and they shipped him on the first train smoking out of here? Or did the coaches have lack of character when they push BJ Johnson out of here? Did the coaches have lack of character when they told the news that Paul Harris was not coming back and he is entering the draft? Paul Harris never even had intentions on leaving when he did, they pushed him out. These coaches care about winning and how you can help them accomplish that. If you can't do that then on to the next kid who can. Don't be mad because the coaches are on the bottom end of the hot iron this time.
I said it was on the coaches, Sparky.

I guess I miss your profound logic. It is OK for a 18 year old kid to "string the staff along" but not OK for SU fans (who cares if Quade strung the staff along) to be upset with that behavior? An 18 year old "kid" can vote, serve his military in life and death situations, can be a legally emancipated adult in every state in the nation, is of legal age to be a parent in every state in the nation. Being 18 doesn't excuse anyone from ethical behavior, he is an adult. Your argument of suggesting everyone does it so he is exempt from criticism is BS. His decision stings and the way he went about it sucks.
In the end, how many games we end up winning is at stake for us, and for him his future is at stake.

What? Quade owes the fans nothing. He owes his self and his family. Would you care anything about Quade if he couldn't play basketball? No you would not. Sorry, Quade mad the best move for him, regardless of how long it took.

It's pretty sad reading all of these posts of adults bashing a kid who made the best decision that he thought for him and his family. Quade doesn't owe Syracuse anything. If he couldn't play ball these college coaches wouldn't care 2 cents about him, and if a kid doesn't pan out these coaches are quick to push the kid right out the door and move on right to the next kid. All the FAKE love. They love you than they hate you. I told the forum a long time ago that Quade is a smart kid and he knows the game. He was taught at an early age to use them the same way they use you. I told you a long time ago that Quade is trying to take care of his mother, who is a single parent. He is getting that bag and trying to get to the NBA. I have nothing but respect for the kid.
You may have respect for this player but Syracuse was loyal to him and he reversed his loyalty on the SU coaches. I can understand a person wanting to have the best opportunity but if he changed his mind in return for payment (which will never be proven). He has no respect and deserves none.

I have more respect for Billy Preston, Brandon Randolph, Alex O'Connell and others that went else where. Quade Green has now taken over First place from Julius Hodge in his role of playing Syracuse Basketball recruiting. He proved that his loyalty does not mean anything.

What? Quade owes the fans nothing. He owes his self and his family. Would you care anything about Quade if he couldn't play basketball? No you would not. Sorry, Quade mad the best move for him, regardless of how long it took.
Dude you make some good points but you might want to consider stepping back for the night. It's a sports board people get upset. The coaching staff approached guard recruitment wrong and the kid loved us until After the early signing period so that's not exactly stand up either.

I said it was on the coaches, Sparky.

You said the coaches "should have recognized Quade's lack of character" Sparky. Sorry Quade has a lot of character. Now you can go cry in the corner because if he chose SU you and half the posters would have nothing bad to say about him. That's what I call fake love.

For the life of me I don't understand why they did this when QG kept dragging this along. Not that we are on par as far as recruiting, but look how PayPal went into action immediately when Trae Young looked to be getting iffy.

We started to when we offered Coleman.. then had Washington coming up... but then we pumped the breaks when QG showed up unexpectedly. Never should've stopped recruiting other kids.

You said the coaches "should have recognized Quade'a lack of character" Sparky. Sorry Quade has a lot of character. Now you can go cry in the corner because if he chose SU you and half the posters would have nothing bad to say about him. That's what I call fake love.
Did Quade, or did Quade not, while visiting for the Colgate game, tell the SU coaches that he was coming and all in?

But they can't drink nor rent a car.

You may have respect for this player but Syracuse was loyal to him and he reversed his loyalty on the SU coaches. I can understand a person wanting to have the best opportunity but if he changed his mind in return for payment (which will never be proven). He has no respect and deserves none.

I have more respect for Billy Preston, Brandon Randolph, Alex O'Connell and others that went else where. Quade Green has now taken over First place from Julius Hodge in his role of playing Syracuse Basketball recruiting. He proved that his loyalty does not mean anything.

Loyalty is only used when it fits the narrative of the person using it I guess. Why don't you ask Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson and countless others about loyalty.