Some of you stand corrected. We have only 1 bad loss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you stand corrected. We have only 1 bad loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson is about to beat number 16 Louisville at home. ST. Johns on the road is really our only bad loss. Plus we have two top 25 wins against Connecticut and Texas A & M. Lot's of season to play. Plus we have won each of these 4 conference games or be least 3-1.
we have lots and lots of good losses

That's a low blow on Hop. The committee won't be taking the losses under Hop into consideration nearly as much as they would if Boeheim was coaching, per their advisement. That's what I was saying.

I'm just trying to figure out why the exact same team with the exact same scheme and play calling should only be counted as a half loss vs. a full loss. I know he was thrown into the interim role sooner than he anticipated but he knew for a long time that he was going to have to coach nine games at some point this season, appeal or not.

If we went 9-0 during those games would they be counted as half wins?

I'm just trying to figure out why the exact same team with the exact same scheme and play calling should only be counted as a half loss vs. a full loss. I know he was thrown into the interim role sooner than he anticipated but he knew for a long time that he was going to have to coach nine games at some point this season, appeal or not.

If we went 9-0 during those games would they be counted as half wins?

Then you're obviously taking it too literally. Maybe they should count as 75% of a loss lol. Does that satisfy you?

I'm speaking entirely in terms of how the committee is going to look at this for the NCAA seeding, btw. How the losses make us feel as fans is irrelevant.

If we have enough good losses we'll get a protected seed in the tournament. Am I doing this right?

Then you're obviously taking it too literally. Maybe they should count as 75% of a loss lol. Does that satisfy you?

I'm speaking entirely in terms of how the committee is going to look at this for the NCAA seeding, btw. How the losses make us feel as fans is irrelevant.

Gotcha. The committee won't have to think about it very much unless we get ten plus wins to finish the season. As a fan let's just say I don't have the warm and fuzzies.

Lol you're reaching man. Clemson beat lville at home yay. They also lost to Georgia by 30 and Umass by almost 20. They are 10-6. This isnt the NFL that's a bad record. One shared by Georgetown. Wisconsin is 9-8.

Some fans choose not to accept it and will still support the team and hope it gets turned around to make the best out of the season. I hope the team doesn't give up. I don't think JB will allow them to. This fan isn't throwing in the towel.

There are a lot of teams that play the full season knowing the only way into the tournament is to win their conference tournament. I don't think it's giving up on the season to acknowledge that with 7 losses already and a bunch of very difficult road games ahead of us, that is our reality. Every game is still important and as a fan I still want very badly to win each one. Each game we win potentially improves our seeding in the conference tournament and increases our chances to go on a run once we get there.

... ST. Johns on the road is really our only bad loss...
St. John's was a pathetic loss.
Close to a forefeit because only one team really showed up.

But we have one HORRENDOUS loss that will make me sick all season...unless we make a miraculous turnaround and beat them in a tournament.
I LOOOOAAAAATHE G-town.

Go Orange!

Some fans choose not to accept it and will still support the team and hope it gets turned around to make the best out of the season. I hope the team doesn't give up. I don't think JB will allow them to. This fan isn't throwing in the towel.

I am going to watch every min of every game and root like hell for us to win, doesn't mean I am giving up on the team, but I have come to terms with the fact that this team just isn't very good.

The losses without Boeheim essentially don't matter. Count them like half a loss.

Why don't do, maybe we should just have Jb sit out the games that we know we are going to lose, so the committee will just give us a free pass. Maybe they will let us in the tournament at 17-15.

Why don't do, maybe we should just have Jb sit out the games that we know we are going to lose, so the committee will just give us a free pass. Maybe they will let us in the tournament at 17-15.

ha worth a shot

As much as I like to have fun at the OP he actually nailed this one. This thread is amazing. I am sure I have plenty which have dumb things I said but its pretty funny we went from this on Jan. 16th to the freaking Final Four.

Or 19-13

Only hope is winning the ACC tourney. This isn't that difficult to understand, people.
Haha. So condescending and eventually wrong. Love it!

As much as I like to have fun at the OP he actually nailed this one. This thread is amazing. I am sure I have plenty which have dumb things I said but its pretty funny we went from this on Jan. 16th to the freaking Final Four.

You know what they say about broken clocks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom