Some quick thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Some quick thoughts

Dick_in_MI

Emeritus Legend
Haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Major props to the team and coaches

Don't know where to begin. The offense was on fire. Ryan was stellar, the receivers were solid, and Graham and Provo were awesome. Playcalling was super but where were all these trick plays when we played Rutgers?

Nice to see the young big backs being rotated in. They aren't going to win any track meets but they can gain some yards and grind down a D

On D they was some serious hitting going on. So great to have Chandler back

Special teams were solid although we missed a lot of tackles on kickoffs

I've tried to refrain from a lot of the schizophrenia on the board lately...we're good, no wait we aren't, well the O is good and the d sucks, no wait the O sucks and the D has come around, no wait the O has never been good, Marrone is the man, Marrone has to go, etc etc etc

It is going to vary from week to week. We're still building that base and we'll have good nights and crap nights. I'm not going to let short term results affect me too much one way or the other as long as the longterm trend is up.

5-2 and we can still equal last year's tally

Well said, Dick.

We are young, we will continue to grow.

But we are, as always, SU!

I managed to make it to the game last night, the crowd was great, totally into the game. Seemed to me like the team was feeding off that as well, really the first time any of those guys have seen even a glimpse of what the Carrier Dome can be like (other than maybe Minnesota).

Totally different from what it was like in 2008, when a fan apologised for accidentally waking me up at the Northeastern game (struggling with a 1AA program that had announced they were dropping their football program is my mark in the sand as the low point for the program).

Hopefully the players and coaches that started their careers playing in an environment that resembled a funeral home took a good look around at the Carrier Dome last night and took pride in what they saw, because they did that.

Its amazing what a great effort can accomplish. After the last two games I seriously worried about us finishing at .500. Now the sky's the limit. What a roller coaster ride this season has become! If we can only use this game as a blueprint for planning against the reamaining schedule we should be in good shape. Normally I hate when we play to the level of our competition - but for the rest of the schedule that may not be a bad thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom