Some Random Thoughts After Week 1 | Syracusefan.com

Some Random Thoughts After Week 1

• Thread starter Deleted member 7047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7047

Virginia Tech has a player named Hezekiah Grimsley; that's some Salem Witch Trials stuff right there.

Both Wake and BC looked solid and that is not good news for SU. Although you could argue that, if SU beats them, it's a better win than if they were mediocre. However, I have enough uncertainty in my life that I would just like them to be easy wins every year.

I cannot believe Wisconsin smoked USF the way they did. Charlie Strong is a good coach and USF is talent rich, so I just don't know what that was about.

It's better to play bad and come out of it 1-0, than to play bad and lose like so many teams did this weekend.

All Hail Defense!

How can you present a college football game to the viewing public in 2019 A.D. and not have the yellow, first down line to get displayed?

Maryland: I didn't even know there was enough time in a game to score 79 points.

Is Tennessee ever going to get its act together and become relevant again?

College football, like college basketball, is so unpredictable; it's why I watch both. Sometimes, you just don't know what's going to happen. And, even after seeing it happen, can't understand how it happened; see USF above.

1-0; LGO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Virginia Tech has a player named Hezekiah Grimsley; that's some Salem Witch Trials stuff right there.

Both Wake and BC looked solid and that is not good news for SU. Although you could argue that, if SU beats them, it's a better win than if they were mediocre. However, I have enough uncertainty in my life that I would just like them to be easy wins every year.

I cannot believe Wisconsin smoked USF the way they did. Charlie Strong is a good coach and USF is talent rich, so I just don't know what that was about.

It's better to play bad and come out of it 1-0, than to play bad and lose like so many teams did this weekend.

All Hail Defense!

How can you present a college football game to the viewing public in 2019 A.D. and not have the yellow, first down line to get displayed?
Yes, that was aggravating, but they didn’t even have the red marker displayed with the first down chains! I have never seen a college not do that (sorry for the double negative). I have to assume the players knew where the first down marker was, but it was a mystery to me and my friends.

USF shouldn’t be a surprise - they lost their last 6 games last year. Not a good team.

This is why I am not so shaken after game 1. Lots of teams had closer than expected games (and some flat out lost). Week one is the preseason, shakes off the rust and gives life speed work. We'll come back stronger and better with a week of looking at what we did wrong, and playing a team we have game film on.

I think Jamie Newman from wake is the real deal. They played a tough Utah state team and he absolutely balled out. They would be a top 25 team If they had some form of a defense.

I think Jamie Newman from wake is the real deal. They played a tough Utah state team and he absolutely balled out. They would be a top 25 team If they had some form of a defense.

Jamie Newman, wasn't she the sideline reporter at Liberty?