Someone explain to me why the Yankees didn't just do the | Syracusefan.com

Someone explain to me why the Yankees didn't just do the

dasher

Living Legend
dumbest thing. They put Hicks on the 10 day D.L.. How does this make sense? The rosters are expanded. There is no way they are going to a 40 man roster. They could bring up 5 minor league outfielders right now to replace him and they still wouldn't have to D.L. him. It's pretty clear that they don't expect him back for at least two weeks but what if they are wrong. What does D.l. ing him get them? Nothing as far as I can see.

minor league playoff games.

while the minors are still playing...they can send on a 'rehab' to make sure hes good.

cant do it if hes not DL'd.

I also think, if its bad and he cant come back...they can put him on the 60 and protect somebody else by adding them to the 40 this offseason.

could be wrong on the later though. not sure what the 60 day rules are for the off season and the 40.

they got the reason in the other thread Dash...Sweeney tweeted that by doing that, they could bring back Smith without having to wait 10 days because he was an injury replacement.

kid gets an extra few days of a big league check.

score 1 for the Steinbrenner's and Cash...

they got the reason in the other thread Dash...Sweeney tweeted that by doing that, they could bring back Smith without having to wait 10 days because he was an injury replacement.

kid gets an extra few days of a big league check.

score 1 for the Steinbrenner's and Cash...

They obviously knew what they were doing and how long he would be out.

Score another 1 for the 10 day DL vs 15 day.

Ellsbury in the midst of a hot streak also made it easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom