something Clemson fans should know.. | Syracusefan.com

something Clemson fans should know..

upperdeck

Living Legend
record against leagues since 1990
clemson against the BE 1-6 ... does temple really count.
clemson against the big 12 2-5
clemson agains the big 10 0-0
clemson against the pac 10 0-0
clemson against the sec 19-22

Last edited:
Starting in 90 takes in the 93-2000 stretch that was our worst since the early 70s. Go back to 80 and it looks a bit better, or just past 4 years (more relevant).

None of it means anything come Saturday, one of our teams will win that 60 minutes.

While that's a pretty arbitrary place to start (why 1990?), that's pretty bad. What is Syracuse's record against other conferences during that same period?

While that's a pretty arbitrary place to start (why 1990?), that's pretty bad. What is Syracuse's record against other conferences during that same period?

Shocked you guys haven't played one game against the B1G or Pac 10/12. I realize it's hard to schedule like that because you always have your in state little brother to deal with, but still kind of shocking. Would love to see more ACC teams beat up on B1G schools.

record against leagues since 1990
clemson against the BE 1-6 ... does temple really count.
clemson against the big 12 2-5
clemson agains the big 10 0-0
clemson against the pac 10 0-0
clemson against the sec 19-22

Fake outrage exposed. It's just a cover for their inferiority complex.

I just chose 90 since it was a round number and roughly when we opened the dome and the Big east started playing football.. but since they never played those other conferences at all the dates didnt really matter..

We had some pretty great wins in 80s..penn st, oklahoma, nebraska, uga a couple times...

As for recently not playimg big 10 teams, well the big10 doesn't want to play southern teams as they have been exposed. Stat a couple years ago I read they were like 1-19 in last 20 v acc and sec. Speed kills, that worm has turned and I think big10 will struggle v sec, acc and pac 10 for the foreseeable future.

Also, the poor bowl matchups we have had for the acc the last 10 years is reason as well. That's slowly changing but our matchups have sucked.

I'd be interested to know Syracuse's record during that same time period. I would say that Clemson's "Golden Age" for football, during the 80s and coming off the '81 national title, ended in 1991, when they won the ACC, going 9-2-1. In 1992, Clemson went 5-6 and didn't have an ACC title or a 10-win season or a conference championship again until 2011. It was roughly 20 years of mediocrity, for sure.

Syracuse, on the other hand, was relatively strong beginning in 1987 when they went undefeated, tying Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. Prior to that year, Syracuse had a pretty bad decade. From 1987-2001, Syracuse was generally very good. The program began its downward slide in P's last years and throughout Robinson's tenure. Marrone and Schafer are turning the program around.

all i know is that they looked pretty damn good against georgia this year. We looked like crap against the best team we played this year (I think we're better than that though)

I'd be interested to know Syracuse's record during that same time period. I would say that Clemson's "Golden Age" for football, during the 80s and coming off the '81 national title, ended in 1991, when they won the ACC, going 9-2-1. In 1992, Clemson went 5-6 and didn't have an ACC title or a 10-win season or a conference championship again until 2011. It was roughly 20 years of mediocrity, for sure.

Syracuse, on the other hand, was relatively strong beginning in 1987 when they went undefeated, tying Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. Prior to that year, Syracuse had a pretty bad decade. From 1987-2001, Syracuse was generally very good. The program began its downward slide in P's last years and throughout Robinson's tenure. Marrone and Schafer are turning the program around.
I think you nailed it.

The should also know that beer is served at the dome unlike at their stadium.

About the only thing this is good for is to grab a smoke or get some air. No booze close enough to make it worthwhile to leave.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

About the only thing this is good for is to grab a smoke or get some air. No booze close enough to make it worthwhile to leave.
The lots near the stadium (including Fine) are certainly close enough. However, there is no need to go out for a beer!

We can leave the building and come back, yes.

Ahh, well that's good, but I guess it doesn't matter if there isn't beer that close by. It's nice at Clemson because we don't sell beer and most tailgating lots are close.

Ahh, well that's good, but I guess it doesn't matter if there isn't beer that close by. It's nice at Clemson because we don't sell beer and most tailgating lots are close.
Ok. After a dry first half, you go outside, walk to your car in a lot. Drink a beer or two. Then get checked by security again. Come back in and sit there without a beer at your stadium seat.

Us? We sit in our seat watching the game. A vendor walks by. We buy a beer. We drink it. Repeat.

I guess your way is better.

Is this the farthest Clem has traveled? Hope they brought their passports.

We go to Boston every other year and Miami about every 5 years, played at Boise State one year, Texas A&M and we even played Wake Forest in Tokyo in 1982. I'm bringing my passport so I can go to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side.

Last edited:
Where should I park since I don't have a parking pass and want to tailgate in Fine?

Where should I park since I don't have a parking pass and want to tailgate in Fine?

If I'm meeting up with people, or just pre-gaming at the bars, I usually park in one of the hospital parking garages. They are just a few blocks from M Street and the Fine lot.

If I'm meeting up with people, or just pre-gaming at the bars, I usually park in one of the hospital parking garages. They are just a few blocks from M Street and the Fine lot.

The garages will work they are along Irving Ave.

Starting in 90 takes in the 93-2000 stretch that was our worst since the early 70s. Go back to 80 and it looks a bit better, or just past 4 years (more relevant).

None of it means anything come Saturday, one of our teams will win that 60 minutes.

Agreed--very little of that historical data will have anything to do with the top 5 rated squad we'll be facing on Saturday.

Here's hoping our boys rise to the occasion.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom