Something crazy from last night's UVa-High Point game | Syracusefan.com

Something crazy from last night's UVa-High Point game

Hoo's That

Living Legend
I can't remember ever seeing this happen in 50 years of watching and playing lacrosse.

UVa is assessed a 1 minute non-releasable for a 21st century illegal body check that would have been perfectly legal in the 20th century (separate issue). High Point gets the ball at the faceoff X on the free clear. 30 seconds in, High Point scores. Faceoff. UVa 's FO guy, Schwenk (sophomore transfer from Monmouth), gets the ball and passes to an atttackman on the fast break. Shot. Score. 6 seconds off the clock. 24 seconds left in the man up. Face off. Schwenk gets it again and goes to the edge of the stall box, just below GLE. Everybody (probably even him, too) figures he's just going to stand there waiting for the now 17 seconds left on the penalty to go by, pass it to a teammate, and go off the field. High Point sorta pressures him and he goes behind the goal and starts coming up the other side. He gets above GLE and shoots. 2nd man-down goal; still one second left on the penalty.

I've seen plenty of man-down goals in both releasable (including during the days of get it over the restraining line and he comes out of the box) and non-releasable situations. But I can't recall ever seeing the man-down team score twice during the penalty.

Last edited:
Definitely crazy. 3 goals in under a minute is crazy enough...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom