Something feels different... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Something feels different...

It's a huge year for Dino, a huge year for the future of the program as well. Dino made the hires he needed to this off-season. There were plenty of points last year where I wanted him gone, but it's hard not to be optimistic about this season. If things break right I don't think 8 wins is crazy

I think they waited out the majority of Dino's buyout at this point and have the next coach on the staff. White or Anae will be coaching games this year if the season doesn't go well and I think whatever unit looks better is going to determine who gets promoted.

I 100% support this approach too I think we need to do a national coaching search with a blank check for the best candidate that will actually say yes for the other sport within the next year. There is no way we could possibly do that for football as well.

I'd feel better if the guys behind Schrader were pushing him and getting some hype but it sounds like Del Rio-Wilson and Villari stunk it up in spring ball. I don't see an influx of talent at WR. Some of the play calling in the Liberty game I rewatched the other week was pathetic jet sweep passes to Taj Harris on 3rd and short etc.

We could do a lot of damage if we improve here but Shrader threw a ton of balls in the dirt nowhere near the WRs.

Also very worried about the DL.
Well Del Rio Wilson didn’t commit until May 25th so he wasn’t here for spring ball. We have a new, very well thought of offensive coordinator, QB coach and wide receivers coach so the play calling will be quite different, as our WRs will actually be running plays now. Garrett was improving until his ribs got injured versus Va Tech. The DL is young but talented. Having great LBs and CBs will make their job easier. Lots of reason for optimism.

Del Rio’s been fine he’s just working hard on his deep ball. That’s where his developments been needed.

It’s a similar story for most of the QB’s heading into the fall. I actually do have good info on this. The QB’s and WR’s are progressing on getting on the same page but deep passes are the major issue.

Shrader’s a whole new QB under this system and firmly in control of the QB1 spot whether Lamson got hurt or if he hadn’t. There’s no speculation on who’s team this is.

I think they waited out the majority of Dino's buyout at this point and have the next coach on the staff. White or Anae will be coaching games this year if the season doesn't go well and I think whatever unit looks better is going to determine who gets promoted.

I 100% support this approach too I think we need to do a national coaching search with a blank check for the best candidate that will actually say yes for the other sport within the next year. There is no way we could possibly do that for football as well.
It will he White.

the thing that held us back last year for the most part was not the team per say but more overall the decisions that were made. Having actual competence on the staff this year I feel we won’t have a clemson, wake or Florida state bonehead decisions this year. New proven special teams and offensive coach is a great addition

the thing that held us back last year for the most part was not the team per say but more overall the decisions that were made. Having actual competence on the staff this year I feel we won’t have a clemson, wake or Florida state bonehead decisions this year. New proven special teams and offensive coach is a great addition
Look as bad as the Wide Recivers were if our field goal kicker was mid to high 80's like his 1st 3 years we win 2 or 3 more games.