Something for a "friend" of mine... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Something for a "friend" of mine...

So, I am in the Navy and am currently stationed down in Virginia. A few of the people in my division are from North Carolina and they bombard me daily with UNC crap. I'm looking for some ammo to fire back. Any help is appreciated and Go Orange!

Just keep showing them this:

35zgx9.jpg

Don't use this one. You will sound foolish if you use "then" when you should use "than".

Go Cuse!
Hooked on phonics worked for you lol (I'm just playing)

Tell them to do the following:
  1. Name the most famous NC football players
  2. List the NC football players in the Hall of Fame
  3. List the NC Heisman Trophy winners
  4. List the NC NCAA Football National Championship

Syracuse players actually go to classes that exist and do their work. When they don't do the latter, or are even suspected of such, they actually miss games.

At UNC they get "A"s for not attending fake classes and somehow nobody's punished.

I live around UNC fans, and while they love Tarheel football they know deep down that they can't compete consistently in football and always bitch about Mack Brown leaving them for Texas. You didn't need to say anything other than fact they haven't won squat in football since 1980. I mean they aren't Rutgers, but the Tarheels haven't won the ACC title since 1980 and that was before Florida State joined the conference. Whenever my friends razz Syracuse football I remind them we have played in multiple Fiesta Bowls, an Orange Bowl since they have won squat. Also, they have had a lot of talent and haven't won squat. Nothing more and tell them Roy is crying again.
Also, until this year and Gio Bernard saving their ass with a last second PR for the win the Wolfpack had beaten them 5 years in a row, and nothing annoyed UNC fans more than losing 5 times in a row to TOB and NC State.

Just watching that video reminds me of how much I LOVE defense. Offense is fun. Putting up points. Celebrating in the end zone. But defense and sacks just humiliate the opponent. I sincerely hope HCSS can keep SUs defense playing at a high level.

Tell them that UNC and the rest of the ACC is about to see how REAL BASKETBALL is played.
Thank You for your service! My dad was Navy USS Dayton!

Just watching that video reminds me of how much I LOVE defense. Offense is fun. Putting up points. Celebrating in the end zone. But defense and sacks just humiliate the opponent. I sincerely hope HCSS can keep SUs defense playing at a high level.

I'm the same in both football and hoops. My 12 year old doesn't understand when I tell him I would rather block a shot than hit a 3, and I'd rather deliver a crushing tackle and cause a fumble than catch a TD.

With that in mind HCSS seems like the best fit to coach a team that I cheer for. HCJB isn't bad either with his pub league defense in hoops.

I think you guys are being way too logical with your suggested retorts. Logic doesn't dictate fandom - insanity does.

So, fight insanity with insanity.

Say something about how Spurrier hasn't had it since failing in the pros/quit playing true road games after the last time we beat him, etc.
When corrected, apologize and mention that all the "Directional Carolina" schools blend together for you.

Could also mention that we never lost our HC to South Florida and give the same explanation.

Much thanks for both Dion and Wes clips.
Both players, relentless and always in attack mode. They've got to be in my top ten list of Cuse greats.

Figure if you're talking to UNC fans you should be showing them clips of first round picks.

It's kind of funny from a recruiting standpoint because Dion was a 4 star, Chandler a 2 star, and Wes a 3 star out of high school and 2 star after a prep year heading to Iowa State.

Tell him that they had to split Carolina in to two states, a North Carolina and a South Carolina , to help people living there to get home.

So, I am in the Navy and am currently stationed down in Virginia. A few of the people in my division are from North Carolina and they bombard me daily with UNC crap. I'm looking for some ammo to fire back. Any help is appreciated and Go Orange!
Uh, son, that ain't tar on your heel.

Ok, this is my kinda specialty request.

Here's what you're going to need: a box of frozen fish sticks, their class pictures from 7th grade, a hand me down 4 wheeler, and it's best if you don't take a leak for a good 14 to 16 hours. A ouija board might also come in handy, but that might be hard to get at the last minute. So anyway, you stake them out from the Shoney's men's room, and at approximately 2:22pm next Thursday you walk right up to them them, extend your hand and say "You're North Carolina fans, and your whole family's North Carolina fans."

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Everything makes sense to me except the fish sticks...

Just laughed our loud at my desk and have no idea why

Everything makes sense to me except the fish sticks...

Just laughed our loud at my desk and have no idea why
They're what we in the biz call a red herring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom