Something to cheer you up, re: Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Something to cheer you up, re: Georgetown

SU2NASA

All American
They're dead on the vine. Needed some, let's say, unscrupulous officiating to beat Elon by 3.

This was the first of a doubleheader with GW-Florida State, so that's not all Georgetown fans either.

IMG_3371.JPG

Taken from the Elon section in the upper deck, which may have been 20% of the attendance.

Well, they actually have a good win this year, one more than us.

So is it just a coincidence that a few years after the death of the original Big East that Syracuse, uconn, georgetown and Saint John's all suck? Or does Nova's recent success void that correlation?

SU just lost to a Uconn team that wasn't good to begin with and then lost three guys to injuries.

A loss to G'Town would be really turrible.

We are at a major disadvantage inside with Georgetown--remember last year's game. At some point some of our shots have to fall, right? If we have to rely on the law of averages to be successful we are in trouble.

We are at a major disadvantage inside with Georgetown--remember last year's game. At some point some of our shots have to fall, right? If we have to rely on the law of averages to be successful we are in trouble.
well, gtown is sloppy with the ball, play suspect defense and don't shoot well - but yeah, who knows at this point

No matter how bad the Orange are - and they are pitiful - it is still impermissible to consider anything but a destruction of G-town.

not that it's the same game, or that our team will play the same, but g'town is a better team than ucon. I'll say at the very least our guys will have a helluva time dealing with Hayes/Govan
Well, we do play them at home.

MSG is a road game?

Last I checked it wasn't the Carrier Dome and a 5 plus hour drive from campus. You don't see 50% of a Dome crowd rooting for someone else (in hoop anyway).

Last I checked it wasn't the Carrier Dome and a 5 plus hour drive from campus. You don't see 50% of a Dome crowd rooting for someone else (in hoop anyway).

It was a neutral court, and I like how now MSG is a "road game" for Syracuse.

Seems like yesterday it was our home away from home, I guess it's UConn's home now.

Seems like yesterday it was our home away from home, I guess it's UConn's home now.

If it's not at home, it's a road game, travel, hotel, planes, fans who loathe us, etc etc etc.

Our shots will fall when we develop some offensive chemistry. Against non pushovers they aren't falling because a lot of them aren't good shots. We're just very disjointed feeling on offense. All we had last night was White hitting some tough 3's. And Coleman making some mid range shots. No low post game, our guards dont drive and score at all, and a lot of our perimeter looks are tough shots.

Well we don't really play there as much now. We don't have the BET there. We don't play St. John's every year. The connection is not what it was in the Big East days.