Somewhat OT... | Syracusefan.com

Somewhat OT...

suinaustin

Walk On
Friend and I were discussing this issue. If a player graduates from a Canadian college, can he still be eligible to play in the US if he enrolls as a fulltime student?

I suspect they lose eligibility for each year played. I seem to remember a football player making the jump some years ago.

There have been a few players moving from NCAA to Canada, but don't remember any moves the other way.

The other issue is that CIS players could potentially receive benefits that would be illegal by NCAA standards. That being said, most schools lack the resources or fan interest to actually do so (except for those cheaters at Western) so its not really regulated.

If eligibility is lost due to military intramurals and summer church leagues, I'd have to believe eligibility would be lost from playing in Canada. Although the only thing with the NCAA that is consistent is the inconsistency!

Friend and I were discussing this issue. If a player graduates from a Canadian college, can he still be eligible to play in the US if he enrolls as a fulltime student?

If they can lose eligibility from playing in a few pick-up type games, they will surely lose it for playing competitive ball in another country.

They would follow the regular transfer rules, so they could play if they had a season of eligibility left (and met all other requirements).

I wonder what the CIS rules are for the reverse. McGill is a great school so could a D1 kid pursue a grad degree there and play ball for their 5th year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom