Somewhere on the first Syracusefan.com forum... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Somewhere on the first Syracusefan.com forum...

Looks like 2001 is the first entry of Syracusefan.com in the web archive
wish I could read some of those threads. The igor ones look amazing

Thoughts and prayers for RAnder2614. Hope he was finally able to get frames.

Igor is such a tease. He’d put part of his thought in the title of the post as a little appetizer for the hot take within.

Id like to think he did that to troll future generations of SU fans viewing his work through the Wayback Machine.

4855037E-878C-4C6D-ABBF-8ADE4B7BA27F.jpeg

Uhhh, cringe.

yea, this whole thing started on aol although I think tomcat may have had something going before that. I know he had a newsletter.

I remember a thread on the AOL board after we beat Iona where we discussed the possibility of an up and coming Tim Welsh taking over for Boeheim in the not-too-distant future.

Those were the days you could just create a username and start posting. No prior review and approval was needed. Runner would have been in his glory.
I fondly remember the days 20 some years ago when Fairfaxcuse directed me here and said I needed to check out some sports message board website for syracuse fans, it’s the bomb, etc., and I then remember saying that only losers do that type thing.

Well he’s long gone to lurker status while I’m still here daily! If the shoe fits...#1 Cuse loser reporting for duty!

What a throwback. I remember first joining (under a different handle) back in either 99 or 2000 and some conversations around this. It's been so long I hardly remember what the pages even looked like other than the old threadview.

yea, this whole thing started on aol although I think tomcat may have had something going before that. I know he had a newsletter.
Edit : Wasn’t Prodigy before aol?

Guess I should have kept reading!

I hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth here... but what happened to Igor? Did he pass away? Or just retired from the board?

can only imagine the “congrats Bernie” masterpiece With igor v dasher vs Stan.

*smile* n/m

a classic

also legit lol at ”where the hell would Hodge play on this team”. If they only knew...
Click the football board link at the bottom. Posts by the legendary “DnManhattan” and the best troller in Syracusefan.com history...”Super Purplecat”. I would give my right leg to read the Super Purplecat post.

yea that’s what I meant when I said I thought tomcat had something. Couldn’t remember the vehicle. Think it was prodigy. Only remember half dozen people though. Toooo long ago.
The first time I saw SU sports discussed on the Interwebs was Tom's .edu website. It took my breath away! I think the topic was whether Blackwell would transfer to Syracuse or not.

Then the website disappeared. I spent the next couple years fruitlessly trying to find something, anything! Eventually found SyracuseFan. Tears were shed!

Tristan passed? Didn’t know that.

I have no idea tbh

Look we’re talking about a guy who persevered through multiple bannings , created multiple aliases, and posted over ten plus years over lord knows how many versions of this board in spite of the fact that literally, not figuratively, every other poster f@&$ing loathed him.

But now he hasn’t been seen in years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom