Sons of former Syracuse players Jason Hart and Ramel Lloyd will be teammates | Syracusefan.com

Sons of former Syracuse players Jason Hart and Ramel Lloyd will be teammates

Astrophysicists everywhere agree that the time-space continuum is saddle shaped. For those who can’t visualize that, just picture a Pringle - earth is the salt.

Is this Michael Loyds son? Don’t know a Ramel... what did I miss.

Is this Michael Loyds son? Don’t know a Ramel... what did I miss.

No. In the class of 1996, we landed a huge recruiting class that included Jason Hart, Etan Thomas, and transfer Ryan Blackwell.

Two lesser known members of the class were Ohio forward LaSean Howard [who eventaully transferred to Hampton], and Ramel "Rock" Lloyd, who was from NYC.

Lloyd was a top 15-ish caliber recruit, but came in out of shape and struggled to get PT as a frosh. He transferred after that year to Long Beach State.

great class. especially defensively. "rock" was a solid player. physically and fundamentally.californian jason hart has to be coerced to attend after signing. (brother had health issues.) i don't recall a nickname for jason.
had some great battles with god shamgod and felipe lopez.one of our best perimeter defenders ever. lasean howard was an athletic freak who i believe briefly held a starting spot . (i may be confusing him with malik campbell but both were extremely long and explosive) . and etan (recruited as derrick) thomas from texas i believe blossomed into one of our finest centers after a few seasons. outstanding talent. all 4 rated very high defensively in the camps. ( back in orange insider days anyways)

Last edited:
I miss getting players from California been ages since we got a West coaster.

great class. especially defensively. "rock" was a solid player. physically and fundamentally.californian jason hart has to be coerced to attend after signing. (brother had health issues.) i don't recall a nickname for jason.
had some great battles with god shamgod and felipe lopez.one of our best perimeter defenders ever. lasean howard was an athletic freak who i believe briefly held a starting spot . (i may be confusing him with malik campbell but both were extremely long and explosive) . and etan (recruited as derrick) thomas from texas i believe blossomed into one of our finest centers after a few seasons. outstanding talent. all 4 rated very high defensively in the camps. ( back in orange insider days anyways)
For clarification purposes, I believe that Derrick Ethan Thomas was from Oklahoma and Malik Campbell was a football player primarily and played on the basketball team as a non scholarship player.

you are correct. teamed with ryan humphrey at tulsa. wish he had transferred here instead of ND.

No. In the class of 1996, we landed a huge recruiting class that included Jason Hart, Etan Thomas, and transfer Ryan Blackwell.

Two lesser known members of the class were Ohio forward LaSean Howard [who eventaully transferred to Hampton], and Ramel "Rock" Lloyd, who was from NYC.

Lloyd was a top 15-ish caliber recruit, but came in out of shape and struggled to get PT as a frosh. He transferred after that year to Long Beach State.
Blackwell actually went to Illinois that year out of high school then transferred to us.

The big prize of our class (who never made it on the court for us) was Winfred Walton. Walton was consensus top 5-10 player that year.

Blackwell actually went to Illinois that year out of high school then transferred to us.

The big prize of our class (who never made it on the court for us) was Winfred Walton. Walton was consensus top 5-10 player that year.

Blackwell was a recruit from the class before, and transferred in with that incoming class. That's why he was "aligned" eligibility-wise with Etan / Hart -- he sat out their freshman year under NCAA transfer rules, and then was a third year sophomore when they were sophomores. But he was part of that same class, as a transfer.

You are completely right about Walton -- I've repressed that memory.