Sooooo are we going to start giving Coleman 25 a game or what? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sooooo are we going to start giving Coleman 25 a game or what?

IthacaMatt said:
He's our best defensive center in terms of running the zone. Rak might be a bit better shot blocker, but goes in and out of focus. Baye is our most consistent center on defense.

I respectfully disagree, I think Rak is bar none our best option out there.

baye looks like he has digressed to a freshmen level with his lateral speed and his hands are worse then his soph year.

I don,t know what it is. Maybe graduation maybe a injury maybe early season disinterest maybe the physicality of dajuan and rak

I thought he would look like a professional basketball player out there though. Last year he looked like a 30 year old pro ball let alone college veteran. I would wager he finds it again as time goes on.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, BMK was never that great at any aspect of the game of basketball. He moves great up and down the court and had good length but outside of that he is the term "shakey potatoes". He has played some amazing games on the defensive end, but when 1 out of 10 games are amazing it doesn't mean you're a great defender. I think he gets all the love he gets because he was a nobody coming in and he just about matched the production of our mcdonalds all American that came in the same year.
I don't want to be a jerk but didn't you declare this team the worst team since '08-'09 two weeks into the season? Now I know it wasn't exactly an insult since we have been very successful lately . But, don't you think these type's of comments are premature?

Last edited:
I don't want to be a jerk but didn't you declare this team the worst team since '08-'09 two weeks into the season? Now I know it wasn't exactly an insult since we have been very successful lately . But don't you think those type of comments are premature?

Premature anything is not good.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, BMK was never that great at any aspect of the game of basketball. He moves great up and down the court and had good length but outside of that he is the term "shakey potatoes". He has played some amazing games on the defensive end, but when 1 out of 10 games are amazing it doesn't mean you're a great defender. I think he gets all the love he gets because he was a nobody coming in and he just about matched the production of our mcdonalds all American that came in the same year.
You say BMK was never great at any aspect of the game and then in the next sentence you say he moves great. Isn't movement and hustle part of the game?

But you outdid that later on with this gem "Saying somebody isn't good isn't trashing them". Really? You don't think anyone on the SU squad wouldn't/shouldn't be offended when you say they aren't good? They are good, all of them.

Ummmm why are we discussing DC2's playing time? Its completely up to him to get more minutes he starts each half in every game. If he plays good defense, hits the boards and starts making post moves and converting FT's he will keep playing and get more minutes. JB gives him that chance every half because he has the most offensive potential. DC2 has the chance to stay in the game for at least the first 8-10 min of each half. He needs to keep improving and show he can score on post moves against major competition. I wish we would get him the ball a bit more to start games but he is moving in the right direction you can see it.

You say BMK was never great at any aspect of the game and then in the next sentence you say he moves great. Isn't movement and hustle part of the game?

But you outdid that later on with this gem "Saying somebody isn't good isn't trashing them". Really? You don't think anyone on the SU squad wouldn't/shouldn't be offended when you say they aren't good? They are good, all of them.
BMk is a very good college player !

cusetown1 said:
I don't want to be a jerk but didn't you declare this team the worst team since '08-'09 two weeks into the season? Now I know it wasn't exactly an insult since we have been very successful lately . But don't you think those type of comments are premature?

I still stand by that comment. Saying what I said wasn't slighting this team as we have had some CRAZY elite teams since 08-09. I think without injuries and suspensions we have two titles in that span as well as a final four last year. This team is great and I'm very excited about them, just not sure they're elite yet, but they keep progressing like they do I will have more faith in them than I did in last years final four squad.

BMK is a luxury to have as a big off the bench. He knows our system, plays hard and has come up with his best in our biggest games down the stretch the last two seasons.

Is he a world beater? no but thank god we have him.

Sgt Cuse said:
You say BMK was never great at any aspect of the game and then in the next sentence you say he moves great. Isn't movement and hustle part of the game? But you outdid that later on with this gem "Saying somebody isn't good isn't trashing them". Really? You don't think anyone on the SU squad wouldn't/shouldn't be offended when you say they aren't good? They are good, all of them.

I'm sure the players may be offended but none of us should be as we're not a part of the team.

I still stand by that comment. Saying what I said wasn't slighting this team as we have had some CRAZY elite teams since 08-09. I think without injuries and suspensions we have two titles in that span as well as a final four last year. This team is great and I'm very excited about them, just not sure they're elite yet, but they keep progressing like they do I will have more faith in them than I did in last years final four squad.
So it wasn't a premature comment ?

Its early, but

I think this team could have the best four offensive players we have put together in a long long time. Better then dion, scoop, kjo triche and fair imo.

In fact I would even go as far to say the best scoring triange in a long long time in Cooney, Fair and Ennis. Even better then wes andy and ao, or Andy, Devo and Flynn imo.

I think that is Absolutely Huge. Ennis, Cooney and Fair won't have to struggle hard as often as guys like Triche, Scoop, even Dion and MCW to get 10-15 ppg. The game comes so natural to them. They are so effortless in their offense as opposed to other stars even nba ones we have had. When is the last time we have had 3 effortless players on a team, maybe never.

Cooney finds a comforable shot beter then southerland does because he is gonzo from all over the court and works better around screens then Southerland. Fair broke out last year as the team leader offensively and is even better this year. And Ennis is like a veteran out there and he welcomes pressure that is draped all over him better then pgs guards like mcw and flynn did.

I just think that is so so huge of a statement to make. Similar to Melo, Gerry Warrick and Duany in 02-03, they were just so intimidating. The game has changed alot since then, but to have four guys who can really dominate in this day and age is huge. In a season that is as down as 09-10 was this team could roll over the competition.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom